January 2012 Moms

No naps?

I'm lost on naps.  DD sleeps great at night, but she is hit or miss on naps.  She will show the signs she's ready for a nap (yawn, face rub, thumb sucking), but often will not nap.  She will hang out in the crib, play, roll around for an hour or so, but often doesn't sleep.  Sometimes she will have a morning/afternoon nap (anywhere from 1-2 hours/nap), but then other days, nothing at all.  Luckily she doesn't get super fussy, but still seems like she needs the nap.  Yesterday, she only napped maybe a total 40 mintues all day.  Any suggestions?  Would you leave her in the crib even though she clearly isn't sleeping?  We do sometimes CIO, but most times, she doesn't cry, FWIW, we do white noise, blackout curtains, lovey, sleep sack, and I've tried to rock her. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No naps?

• Sounds like you're doing everything u can. I wouldn't give up on it... even if she doesn't sleep in there she needs the downtime. How long does she sleep at night?
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • imageaboynamedbarry:
    Sounds like you're doing everything u can. I wouldn't give up on it... even if she doesn't sleep in there she needs the downtime. How long does she sleep at night?
    Thanks, she sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. I typically feed her before work at 5:30, but she hardly wakes up. Guess I'll keep at it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as she isn't super cranky without a nap, she may not need one every day.  Every LO is different.  Like PP said, she probably still benefits from the downtime, so there's no harm in putting her down anyway for an hour.  You can't make her nap, so it sounds like you're doing the best you can do.  Sounds like you got lucky though.  That means you can probably have a day without naps on busy days without her being a wreck about it.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"