Postpartum Depression
Options

newly diagnosed

Hi, I was just diagnosed with PPD and PP anxiety at my 6 week check up. Dr. has prescribed me Zoloft but I am not sure I want to take it. I FF because my milk never came in due to a breast reduction a couple years ago BUT, i am still producing a little bit of milk in which I still BF my DD for 5 mins a side. I know I am bad..I don't cry much but I am extremely moody, I snap at my DH a lot for stupid stuff, but not stupid to me..Like lack of picking up after himself, ALWAYS making sure he eats before i get to and not offering to take baby so I can for once get a hot meal, always complaining he is tired when he sleeps through the night EVERY NIGHT!..yes, he is an ASS and does not take responsiblity for anything..He still comes first to himself..anyway, sorry for venting..maybe I do need to take this med...Just looking for support and tired of feeling alone..I don't eat sometime 2-3 days in a row and I am terrified to go out of the house with DD by myself..I have been out but only when other people are with me.

UGH!! THIS SUCKS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: newly diagnosed

• Options
    It will help & it's safe for bfing so do it,,,, although not eating for 2-3 days is not good... This I assume is because you're anxious,,, you need to take care of yourself too. I'm going to start mine tomorrow,,, my husband might see the old fun me again! 

• Options
    Is there anyone else you can ask for help? You need to make sure you eat. I'm sorry your H is such a jerk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you could use the meds, based on the not eating & being terrified to leave the house. I just got a prescription for Zoloft today. I'm BFing. The pediatrician said Zoloft is safe. Very little gets to the baby even when you are exclusively BFing. I'm nervous about it, but I'm also terrified of my PPD & anxiety getting worse.  DH & I agreed taking the meds is best.  Good luck.
  • Options
    Send you hugs and warmth. I know, corny, but I can relate. I went through the same thing right around the same time. I was so against taking mood altering medication, but in the end, it really did help me. They suggested that I take the medication for at least 6 months but up to one year. I discontinued after about 3 months, but I felt fine. I was taking Lexapro, and it really just helped me to think clearly and process my emotion instead of just breaking down. Take help where ever you can get it. I was so opposed to help and medication and doctors, it was that whole stigma of feeling "crazy", but truly, from someone who went through a terrible time, accept any help. DH as weird as it is to say, cannot understand what you're going through. They can't understand this crazy physical change, this weird hormonal swing, or an unattachment to your child (which you may not have, but I totally did). Good luck, and many prayers to you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"