New to The Bump
Options

Hello! New to Bump/Question about TTC after IUD removal

Hi everyone!  I'm excited to be here and say hello!  My FI and I are just starting TTC (since our wedding is 3 weeks away) and I am high risk (lupus, history of pulmonary embolisms, heart failure, etc)  The doctors have said that since my lupus has been in remission now is the time to try and that we'll get to do this once but probably not again.  FI and I are totally okay with this and are just happy to have been given the green light!  That being said, I had my IUD removed 2 weeks ago and we started trying right away after my doctor said that was fine.  I haven't gotten AF since the removal and I never had it the 5.5 years I had the IUD in.  Mid-week last week I started to feel a little "funny".  Couldn't put my finger on it but just felt a little off. Thought maybe I'd get AF.   Friday I woke up and had some discomfort where my left ovary was and then woke up Saturday and started to feel nauseous randomly, I was noticing every smell around me and then Sunday woke up with such sore, sensitive nipples.  I swear they are bigger and darker!  I NEVER had this before when AF would come.  Since Saturday, I've had all these symptoms every day, including feeling a bit spacey and dizzy, and back pain.  I was lucky pre-IUD to never have PMS symptoms really.  Now I'm wondering if I could have gotten pregnant that quick!  Heaven knows none of my other medical stuff has ever been simple.  Any advice would be great!  I took a pregnancy test yesterday but I knew it was too early. I'm thinking this weekend or next weekend will probably be when it would test positive if it is.  I'm just anxious because I know I need to go on Lovenox once I get a positive test.  TIA!

Me: 31 * DH: 33 * TTC since Sept 2012
Hx of Pulmonary Embolisms, Right Sided Heart Failure and Nephrotic Syndrome 2001
Dx w/ Hashimotos 1998 * Dx w/ Systemic Lupus 2005 * Dx w/ PCOS 2012
Began working with RE Dec 2012February 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel  BFP # 1: 2/26/13 * EDD 11/9/13 * MMC at 7w5d -- 3/27/13 * D&C 3/28/13May 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + PIO + Lovenox  BFP # 2: 6/6/13 * EDD 2/18/14 * MMC at 11w1d -- 7/31/13 * D&C 8/1/13RPL Testing & Karotyping was normal for both of usEmbryo testing was inconclusiveBenched July 2013- January 2014 due to Lupus FlareWTF appt 2/12/14IVF is OUT and Clomid + Ovidrel + Endometrium is in... AGAINBFP # 3: 2/28/14 * EDD: 11/12/14 * CP 3/1/14TTC on our own until April 2014*A persons a person no matter how small*
My Ovulation Chart
imageimage
*All PgAL/PAL Welcome*

Re: Hello! New to Bump/Question about TTC after IUD removal

• Options
    Thanks! 

Me: 31 * DH: 33 * TTC since Sept 2012
    Hx of Pulmonary Embolisms, Right Sided Heart Failure and Nephrotic Syndrome 2001
    Dx w/ Hashimotos 1998 * Dx w/ Systemic Lupus 2005 * Dx w/ PCOS 2012
    Began working with RE Dec 2012February 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel  BFP # 1: 2/26/13 * EDD 11/9/13 * MMC at 7w5d -- 3/27/13 * D&C 3/28/13May 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + PIO + Lovenox  BFP # 2: 6/6/13 * EDD 2/18/14 * MMC at 11w1d -- 7/31/13 * D&C 8/1/13RPL Testing & Karotyping was normal for both of usEmbryo testing was inconclusiveBenched July 2013- January 2014 due to Lupus FlareWTF appt 2/12/14IVF is OUT and Clomid + Ovidrel + Endometrium is in... AGAINBFP # 3: 2/28/14 * EDD: 11/12/14 * CP 3/1/14TTC on our own until April 2014*A persons a person no matter how small*
    My Ovulation Chart
    imageimage
    *All PgAL/PAL Welcome*

• Options
    That's one of the things I love about IUDs - you can get preggers on the next cycle after you get it removed.  Since I'm not a dr. I would recommend talking to yours.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my IUD removed due to complications after 9+ years of having one and got pregnant 3 months later with no real cycle.  My doctor advised me to not get my hopes up as it could take a while to get pregnant because your body needs to re-adjust to the IUD being gone and get into a normal routine again.

I had another doctor tell me that you can get pregnant as long as you have the parts to do it regardless of the BC you are using so 2 weeks is a possibility.

As another pp said though, you could be having symptoms that don't actually mean anything.  Remember, your hormone levels are all over the place after an IUD is taken out so anything could happen.

Good luck to you!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"