VBAC
Options

HBAC

There are no obs that accept my insurance that do VBACS.  So I am contemplating a HBAC with a midwife!  Just wondering if anyone has had one or knows of someone who had one and what the outcomes were? Thanks

Re: HBAC

• Options
    I had an hbac. It went well, no complications. I would do it again should I find myself pregnant again.

The only thing I would caution is that as you are slightly higher risk, be sure to find an experienced midwife who is comfortable with hbacs.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a HBAC. Everything went fine and baby and I were perfectly healthy.  The hard thing about HB is finding someone who will be competent if complications arise.  I would ask questions about what supplies they bring, how many VBACs have they attended, what are the signs of UR that they look for, etc.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also had an HBAC and it was AWESOME.  Ditto the above posters, if you're a good VBAC candidate with a good midwife.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am having a HBAC in April. I am really excited, my midwife worked in a birth center for 5 years and started her own practice a year ago. She has attended hundreds of vbacs especially since the birth center is the only place in my town where you can have one other than home. I feel very confident about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haven't had mine yet, but will be having HBA2C in May
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"