Parenting after 35
Options

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends. We did nothing this weekend and it was fabulous.

There are pics of us doing nothing on my blog - link in siggy Big Smile

I haven't done much today either, though not by choice. DS2 is having a needy day and DS1 won't eat his lunch. I'm typing this with one hand while I hold DS2 and bug DS1 to eat. Blerg.

Re: Happy Monday!

• Options

We did virtually nothing, too.  It was very cold outside so I made homemade chicken noodle soup and chocolate chip cookies.

Oh, and C has ANOTHER flippin' cold.  ARGHHHHHHH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi!

Firstly, I'm super impressed by your dexterity. I spend half the day in my pajamas and starving to death if no one comes to take pity on me, because DS insists on being held about 80% of the time and cries if I set him down, even if he's asleep. Part of me loves this; part of me is almost looking forward to going back to work. Then I think about how freaking early I'm going to have to get up in the morning and allllll the things I will need to do in those wee hours and then I wish I could stay home and cuddle with him forever, crying be damned.

This weekend we celebrated DH's birthday (even though the kindle I bought him STILL hasn't been delivered ... thanks, Amazon!) with a big yummy puerto rican dinner, a couple of fun neighbors, and a cake that I didn't have time to decorate. A little embarassing for someone who sells cakes from time to time.

My (delayed) 6-week postpartum visit is Weds. DH has his fingers crossed for a green light... not sure how I feel about that!

Stever I love the photos! Both of your boys are gorgeous!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nothing looks like fun at your place - I did so much nothing that includes my blog! Hahh, but I have been making one spooky picture a day. I should probably put those on my blog...and then nothing would look like something.

Anyway, it's gotten chilly here and T wore fleece jams last night - soo cuddly <3 

• Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

We did virtually nothing, too.  It was very cold outside so I made homemade chicken noodle soup and chocolate chip cookies.

Oh, and C has ANOTHER flippin' cold.  ARGHHHHHHH.

Sad
  • Options
    imagebenniferbaby:

Hi!

Firstly, I'm super impressed by your dexterity.

Practice. A bunch of girls I became friends with on here when I was pregnant with DS started using the acronym OHT, one hand typing, to explain crappy typing because one-handed Bumping is so common.

And hooray for your H's birthday and good luck with the PP appointment!

• Options
    imageurbanflowerpot:

Nothing looks like fun at your place - I did so much nothing that includes my blog! Hahh, but I have been making one spooky picture a day. I should probably put those on my blog...and then nothing would look like something.

Anyway, it's gotten chilly here and T wore fleece jams last night - soo cuddly <3 

One spooky pic a da sounds like a ton o' fun. Too bad I'm a crappy photographer Stick out tongue
  • Options
    imageurbanflowerpot:

And I forgot that I used to check out your blog a lot when you were pregnant and right after you had DS. I still get all choked up thinking about reading about your kittens.

On a happier note I love your spooky pics and I love, love, love the playlist at the bottom of the page.

• Options

Stever, damn cute kids I say.

UFP, whip it, whip it good.

Turkey induced coma here. Kids are eating like starved wolves, and outgrowing everything. I just got T school shoes 5 weeks ago, one pair no longer fits. Kid is in a ladies 8-9. LADIES. She's ten. Help me, my wallet is screaming right now. My mom thought it was funny I made her wear flip flops all summer. She started off a 5.5 in June. Sigh. Only three more to go. Growth spurts suck. 

• Options
    imagegimmietimmies:

Turkey induced coma here. Kids are eating like starved wolves, and outgrowing everything. I just got T school shoes 5 weeks ago, one pair no longer fits. Kid is in a ladies 8-9. LADIES. She's ten. Help me, my wallet is screaming right now. My mom thought it was funny I made her wear flip flops all summer. She started off a 5.5 in June. Sigh. Only three more to go. Growth spurts suck. 

Mmmm... I think I tell you every Canadian Thanksgiving how I miss living in Canada because I miss having two thanksgivings.

And 8-9 when she's 10? Day-um!

• Options
    imagestever:
    imageurbanflowerpot:

One spooky pic a da sounds like a ton o' fun. Too bad I'm a crappy photographer Stick out tongue

I'm not part of the amateur-photog society myself ;) You can take any old snapshot and doctor it up with the new Halloween overlays on picmonkey.com - I posted a collage on my blog last night (in siggy) if you want to see what I mean. You inspired me to post my nothing. I go into a TV coma and make my kid looks spooky around 10 p.m. every night ;D 

• Options
    imagestever:
    imageurbanflowerpot:

I'm not part of the amateur-photog society myself ;) You can take any old snapshot and doctor it up with the new Halloween overlays on picmonkey.com - I posted a collage on my blog last night (in siggy) if you want to see what I mean. You inspired me to post my nothing. I go into a TV coma and make my kid looks spooky around 10 p.m. every night ;D 

• Options
    imagestever:
    imageurbanflowerpot:

And I forgot that I used to check out your blog a lot when you were pregnant and right after you had DS. I still get all choked up thinking about reading about your kittens.

On a happier note I love your spooky pics and I love, love, love the playlist at the bottom of the page.

Oh look - you saw! My eyes are mostly swollen shut from allergies. ...at least I hope it allergies. It is. Yeah, I'm still pretty torn up about all that fire stuff. My H did something cute for me recently (https://urbanflowerpot.blogspot.com/2012/09/pause-love-letter-from-my-husband.html). Sharing :)

New Wave 4 ever! and glad you saw le spooky pics :D 

• Options
    imagegimmietimmies:

LOL, you know what song did him in for Devo? "Peek-a-boo." Of course, right?! and then "Girl U Want." Figures!

Ohh, Lady T sounds like me at her age! I had a major growth spurt (5'9"/10"ish these days depending on if I slump or not).

Happy Belated Canadian Thanksgiving! 

• Options
    imagestever:
    imagegimmietimmies:

Mmmm... I think I tell you every Canadian Thanksgiving how I miss living in Canada because I miss having two thanksgivings.

And 8-9 when she's 10? Day-um!

Oh, two turkey dinners, major turkey brain today. Bleh.

And miss T's feet are bigger than mine at that age. And she's taller. Yipes, I'm 5'9", what am I in for?

UFP, dh would love your taste in music, he's kept his Devo tapes from way back! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"