Baby Names
Options

Kaylee or Kaley

We kind of like the name Kaylee but are unsure of how to spell it.  How would you spell it? 

Re: Kaylee or Kaley

• Options
    I think Kaylee makes more sense...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kaylee

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Kaylee in one of my classes right now, and I have to say it doesn't age well. She is a college student/young woman and it seems like a cute toddler/baby name.
  • Options
    I think the 'ee' ending looks really young and cutesy. I prefer Kailey or Kayley.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I like Kehly actually, I've known a few people with it spelled that way. Kaylee is my second choice.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageMelRC117:
    imagejoyfullyfound:
    I like Kehly actually, I've known a few people with it spelled that way. Kaylee is my second choice.
    I would pronounce Kehly as Kelly, not Kaylee but maybe I need a better brush up on my phonics.

So would I. Keh doesn't say "Kay" to me. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagejallascalla:
    I have a Kaylee in one of my classes right now, and I have to say it doesn't age well. She is a college student/young woman and it seems like a cute toddler/baby name.
    Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejallascalla:

This.  Sounds juvenille.  And the extra ee's are atrocious, sorry just MHO.  I do know a 11 yr old named Kaleigh, and that is decent as the 'leigh' makes it a bit more feminine and not made up.  Just not a huge fan in general I guess...

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I prefer it spelled Kaylee, and I don't think it's a name that won't grow with her like some others have suggested.  The first "person" I heard with the name was the character from Firefly/Serenity, and she was a strong feminine woman.  I guess because of that I associate the name with adults.  I think most people nowadays associate it with babies/toddlers because it is becoming more popular, so there are more babies/toddlers now with that name.  In 20 years no one will think twice about it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kaylee. Kaley makes me pronounce it like Cali.

I know a few Kaylee's all spelled differently. Here is how they spell it...
    Kaylee
    Kaylei
    Kailee
    And then there is one more and i think she spells it Kailey
  • Options
    I think the best spelling is Kayley, but I agree with PPs that it doesn't age well, and the only Kayley I know is a dog.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options

imagestrawberrytree:
    I think the 'ee' ending looks really young and cutesy. I prefer Kailey or Kayley.

This.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    I like Kaylee more. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I pretty much hate all names that end with "ee" so Kaley by default.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCARunner:

imagejallascalla:

This is always such a funny argument to me.  I have a sister named Kaylie.  She is 30 years old and has a very grown up job at a successful law firm.   I don't think she ever didn't get a job she applied for growing up.  So no name discrimination came into play.

I'm not saying name discrimination will come into play above, I think most people are hired for their experience/intelligence, not their names. What I am saying is that it still doesn't sound like an adult name, it sounds cute-sy and more like a nickname. 

• Options
    Kaylee. I think that Kaley would be mispronounced as "Cal-ee" a lot.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagejallascalla:
    imageCARunner:

imagejallascalla:

This is always such a funny argument to me.  I have a sister named Kaylie.  She is 30 years old and has a very grown up job at a successful law firm.   I don't think she ever didn't get a job she applied for growing up.  So no name discrimination came into play.

I'm not saying name discrimination will come into play above, I think most people are hired for their experience/intelligence, not their names. What I am saying is that it still doesn't sound like an adult name, it sounds cute-sy and more like a nickname. 

So when you hear Haley does that give you the same type of "cute-sy" sense??

• Options
    I would go Kaylee too!

• Options

I like Kaylee as a nn for Michaela.

It does remind me of Firefly, but even though I love the character and I love Jewel Staite... it does seem childish to me.

• Options
    imageCARunner:

imagejallascalla:

My name is Cayleigh, and it has aged just fine, believe it or not. I'm 25 and successful, and I don't think I've ever been thought of as "baby-ish" or "cutesy"because of my name.

That being said, I am not a fan of the -ee ending, and I find the K too harsh. I may be biased, but I like it spelled Cayleigh.

• Options
    My name is spelled Kaley I like I think it is pretty, but I always wish it was,spelled kayleigh :) 
  • Options

imageBlueRidge8:
    I pretty much hate all names that end with "ee" so Kaley by default.

Yes

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"