March 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep Issues - Vent

I feel terrible even complaining about this because my DD has been a good sleeper most of her little life, and is generally a sweet, happy little girl. The last couple of nights she has been hard to put down. She was a great self-soother, and has a lovey and her lullaby seahorse which have always worked but suddenly she just wakes up screaming and won't settle until we feed her an exceptionally warm bottle. Even then she just drinks an ounce.

She is usually such a happy little girl, but right now she is making me bananas. Like so many others she is frustrated with her lack of mobility because she can't crawl or walk but only roll or scoot backwards... that REALLY pisses her off. 

Ugh. I'm just exhausted. Any other mamas have a suddenly wild baby? 

Re: Sleep Issues - Vent

• Options
    My once great sleeper starting having issues for am month when I finally gave in. We tried all types of sleep training and just this week started the CIO. I was 100% against it but after three nights, we do not have a fight and he sleeps through the entire night. This makes me a happy and restful momma.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yup. We went through a week last week where he would wake up an hour or two after I would put him down and would scream. We would try everything to get him back down, nurse, rock. Car rides worked. Finally the other night, it had been two hours (which some nights he was up 4-5 hours during the night) and I had enough. I let him CIO after I tried to get him down. He cried for awhile but then fell asleep. Last night he slept all night and is still sleeping. I was also against CIO from my emotional standpoint, but I got to a point that I didn't know what else to do. I needed sleep too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"