School-Aged Children

Are you homeschooling?

I was wondering if anyone here is homeschooling and if so, what your style is. Do you set the day up like regular school 8-3 or have certain days for math certain days for science etc or learn as you go technique? I just read a great article about homeschooling and it got me wondering about different ways of doing it. ;) 
Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com

Re: Are you homeschooling?

• Am not homeschooling but I think if you need to schedule from 83 you are likely doing something wrong or scheduling nonschool things in there too. One of the big point people like homeschooling is because they can get through the day so much quicker than a school does and have time for other things like bike riding, horses, etc. 83 is longer than our public elementary school.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageBliss+Berry:

imageLittlejen22:
    Am not homeschooling but I think if you need to schedule from 83 you are likely doing something wrong or scheduling nonschool things in there too. One of the big point people like homeschooling is because they can get through the day so much quicker than a school does and have time for other things like bike riding, horses, etc. 83 is longer than our public elementary school.

Don't bother.  She doesn't even have kids.  She's just posting here to try and boost her blog traffic.   

Lol. I am posting on my phone do I did not see any of her siggie info. But now I am assuming the blog is about homeschooling and if I were homeschooling I would not turn to her for advice if she is homeschooling from 83. Hell my DS is in Kindergarten and I could homeschool him in 1 hour and that is with lots of reading aloud.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • I was homeschooled between grades 3-7 and I have worked with my step daughter who is 5 now, for the last couple years. I have used age appropriate workbooks from parent/teacher stores. They have rewarding stickers in the back. Homeschooling takes a lot of love and patients, the reward is that you can bond and help them grow according to their speed. Now young kids don't have a lot of focus but if they are focusing on something they enjoy don't make they stop, keep riding it out till they are bored. You can mix arts and crafts with math and science things so they don't think they are learning but you are incorporating colors and shapes along with manual dexterity with crayons, scissors, etc.  You can take as many breaks as needed throughout the day. I wouldnt adhere to a strict schedule with young children, but making field trips and adventures make it fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"