Single Parents

Does this get easier?

Hi there, I'm new to this board. I'm sure people say this all the time, but really, does it? My husband left my son and I a year ago, right after DS's 1st birthday. I feel like I have a few good days, but then I'm right back to overwhelmed. Please tell me it gets better!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does this get easier?

• I hope so, My fiance left me homeless when I was only three months pregnant and hasn't tried to talk to me since:/ Im almost five months pregnant now and am constantly depressed
  • For me it got better. I am sure it will for you also!
    "Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It does, just one day at a time.
  • It absolutely does. Slowly but surely, I'm almost a year into my single parent journey and while I occasionally have bad most of them are great days. Just know that tomorrow will be here.
    My mom always reminds me: there's food in the fridge, a job and a car. Everything else will work itself out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Thanks ladies! It's good to hear that things can be better, especially on a rough day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My atty told me that in his experience most of these relationships improve around the year and a half mark.  LOL.  I think some of the anger and resentment starts to go away after a while.  It's been 14 months since my ex left me for his coworker and still mad as heck.  So we'll see.

What are you doing for timesharing? 

I'm going to another mediation with ex in a couple of week as I just changed jobs and because of the distance we are going to have to change our whole schedule.  Fun!!!  (insert sarcasm). 

• It definitely is overwhelming at first, especially if there is a lot of animosity. It takes time to fine-tune any visitation, what you think may work at first, may not work 6 months, or even 2 years from now. My advice is be open to change. It's taken me and my daughter's father more than 6 years to get to where we are today; we can discuss things calmly and rationally, whereas 6 years ago we both wanted to tear each other's throats out!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You can do it! I got married in June and my (soon-to-be ex) husband broke up with me in August because of the pregnancy.  My divorce support group at church has been so helpful... you could try to find one of those.  (Usually free and in the evenings- my church provides free childcare, also).
    Love, Libby Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"