Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Line Drying

Anyone do this? I remember my grandma doing this and her clothes and towels always being scratchy. It's probably a little late to ask, since we're heading into winter in New England, but the thought of saving on the electric bill and not blowing the dryer heat out into the air are both appealing!
 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Line Drying

• Options

I line dry a lot of our things. I would say it's about 50/50 what goes in the dryer and what I line dry. Towels, sheets, denim, heavier things go in the dryer partly because I have to line dry indoors (apartment) and don't have the space, but also because we have such high humidity here in FL that it takes several days to line dry those heavy things indoors. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We don't have a dryer, but we do have a good climate for line drying, makes it easier. Ironing eliminates all crunchiness and scratchiness. It is a pain, but it works.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Home in the bush.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too live in New England and I use my dryer only 10% of the time (or less).  In the winter, I line dry the clothes on wooden dryer racks over the heat vents in the floor boards.  This way, not only the clothes dry much faster, they also help humidify the house as it gets so dry with the heat going on!  As for towels, I will throw them in the dryer for about 10-15 minutes and then line dry.  The only items I dry all the time are sheets and blankets as they're just too big to hang on the dryer rack.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I lived abroad, I didn't have access to a dryer. And although things are "crunchy" once you had them on, they softened up. Plus, I learned to wear things more times!

Also, synthetic fibers are usually better at being less crunchy, than natural fibers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"