Georgia Babies
Options

Question for ladies who recently delivered at Peidmont

I went to the doctor yesterday and talked to the OB nurse about my delivery at Peidmont. I was feeling good about it until she was like "Peidmont no longer has lactation consultants." Whaaat? I would think that would be pretty important for someone who definitely wants to try to breast feed ...right? She said the nurses just help you and gave me a list of lactation consultants I can have come to my house after I get home. 

Has anyone delivered there since this was the case? Did you feel you needed a lactation consultant?

I guess I could totally switch doctors and hospitals but we've been through a lot and I finally found an office I feel comfortable with.  

Re: Question for ladies who recently delivered at Peidmont

• Options
    I can't believe they got rid of the LCs there, that is insane! I used to work motherbaby there and know that several of the unit nurses are IBCLC certified. So, I would just asked to be assigned one of those nurses. Maybe the nurse at the dr office was wrong? I know that they had really cut back on LCs, but I am surprised they would cut them out all together.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered in aug.  there were LCs working there then.  So I don't think that is right!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

https://www.piedmonthospital.org/PH/Lactation.aspx

Looks like they still do but you have to go through the nurses first. I delivered all 3 at northside and I will say this last time they had tighten who gets to see the LCs. It was harder to get them to come and took longer. Personally after I got out of the hospital I made an appt with the LCs at Piedmont Pediatrics for ds3 and I. It was $150 but I turned it into my flexible spending. It was really worth it. They were awesome.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There are lactation consultants who will see you in the hospital.  If you want a follow-up appointment, you have to choose someone from a list they provide or a private consultant.  I did a follow-up appointment with a woman who led the department at Piedmont before they disbanded and my insurance paid for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered there a year ago. That doesnt seem right and would check w someone else. I didn't see a LC but it was my third child. I didn't even ask for one. The nurses were very helpful and made sure everything was going well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi,

I delivered a baby girl at Piedmont last week on Oct 3rd and I had a LC visit with me.  The day after my delivery (Oct 4th) I asked the nurse if and when the LC would visit me as I had some questions about how to nurse a very sleepy baby.  She said that she would put in a request for the LC to stop by and a few hours later she came and was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. 

I'm not sure if she would have automatically visited if I wouldn't have asked (even though I thought for sure I remember hearing that everyone got an initial visit from a LC before discharge), however just make sure you tell them that you want to see one and you should have no problem. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"