October 2011 Moms
Options

Can I just hide in my bedroom for the rest of the day? (DH vent)

DH just seriously pissed me off.  Lily woke up from her nap and I invited him to come see her as she woke up.  It's probably the first time in several days that he's actually gone in her room.  That means that for at least 2 days, he hasn't changed a diaper, changed her clothes, nothing.  He asked what the smell in there was and I said it's leftover from her new room formerly being the cats' room and we haven't had a chance to vacuum so there are some (not many) bits of litter left lying in corners.  In a very condescending/accusatory tone, he asked why I don't get some air circulating in there sometimes.  "The window was open for the last two days.  I closed it this morning since it was RAINING."  He complained about the way I got my point across and how it wasn't gentle.  "It wasn't meant to be gentle."  Then he rambled some garbage that actually made no sense about how he's like ___ (not sure if he meant his brother or his best friend, they have the same name) and not going to take any crap.  I told him he wasn't making sense and left the room (he was finally changing a diaper) and he called after me that he can totally tell I've got my period.

SCREW YOU, DH!  I actually don't get emotional and b!tchy when I've got my period (or when I was pregnant).  Why the hell do men always jump to blaming our hormones when they're acting like a prick?!  I took my computer into the bedroom and I think I'm staying here, at least for a while.  He can look after Lily.  I'm gonna bump and stream a TV show and have some "me" time that isn't dictated by how long her nap lasts for the first time in over a year!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

Re: Can I just hide in my bedroom for the rest of the day? (DH vent)

• Options
    I hate when they ask "Why isn't this done"? Because you didn't do it, DH! We were too busy doing literally every.other.single.fing.thing.
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageDoctorWorm222:
    I hate when they ask "Why isn't this done"? Because you didn't do it, DH! We were too busy doing literally every.other.single.fing.thing.

Right?!  He drives me crazy with these suggestions, or when he tries to tell me "Well, what *I* do with Lily is ______".  Um, pretty sure I don't need you giving me lessons on our daughter, who I spend about 3X as much time caring for as you do!  I've been really careful to never "correct" his parenting unless he asked (or she was in danger) because people always talk about how the father ends up feeling left out or like he can't do anything right.  But how come he's allowed to correct me?!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope you're enjoying your time alone and don't cave.  My husband acts like a jerk about house stuff and kid stuff from time to time and, eventually, he'll come around and apologize after he's had some time to process what he's said.  Men... (sigh)...
    Jen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"