Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Things Thursday

1)  If you got the ability to name your child without any veto or input from your wife/girlfriend/etc., what would you pick for a boy and girl?

2) What is your favorite part of being a dad so far? (This includes the dads-to-be, what is your favorite part so far)

3-5 is up to you.

Re: 5 Things Thursday

• 1)  If you got the ability to name your child without any veto or input from your wife/girlfriend/etc., what would you pick for a boy and girl?

My son actually has the name I preferred.  I was named after both my grandfathers and liked it, so I wanted my son to be named after his grandfathers, Jeffrey Michael.  For our girl name... I was brainstorming names and I liked the family tie in again, and came up with the name our daughter (if we have one) will have, Evelyn Virginia.

2) What is your favorite part of being a dad so far?

I have a lot of things I love about being a dad, but right now, my favorite is when my son comes up to me without being asked and gives me a kiss.  It is a very wet kiss, but just that he wants to do that is just awesome.

3)  I mentioned this in a previous post, but we had our anatomy scan today and everything is good and it is a boy!

4)  We let my son watch "The Avengers" the other day.  Immediately afterward, he went and got into a Hulk like stance and roared.  I think he identified with him.

5)  Tying back into #3, we had so many people sure that we were having a girl, I'm almost certain that there are slightly disappointed family members out there who are trying to disguise it as best they can.

• 1)  If you got the ability to name your child without any veto or input from your wife/girlfriend/etc., what would you pick for a boy and girl?

Boy: Charles Marshall, the nice thing is that I think she would actually go along with it.

Girl: Haven't really thought about it.  Don't have a must have name for this yet.

2) What is your favorite part of being a dad so far? N/A

3) I had a post about this yesterday, but... We had our 2nd ultrasound yesterday and everything was great.  My wife didnt relax (still waiting for something to be wrong) and even look at the monitor until I assured her probably 10 times that it was good.

4) This morning I nearly set off an emotional bomb before leaving for work.  I was brushing my teeth while my wife was complaining to the mirror about her weight.  I said with a mouthful of toothpaste "You're beautiful."  She heard a muffled "Moo Moo."  Thankfully I was able to defuse it before she really lost it, but after she settled down we had a good laugh about it.

5) So pumped for MLB playoffs to start!  My Reds start their series against the Giants on Saturday.  The downside is that we don't have cable so I have been scrambling to make arrangements to see the games.  I think I have Saturday covered but Sunday is up in the air.  I may just have to find a bar that is willing to show playoff baseball instead of the NFL.

• Loading the player...
  • Any sports bar in the nation will have all MLB playoff games going during NFL Sunday.  I would think you will find it no problem.

• 1) If you got the ability to name your child without any veto or input from your wife/girlfriend/etc., what would you pick for a boy and girl?

A) If it was a boy, I would have gone with Condredge.

B) I actually came up with our daughters name, so- that is what it is going to be! Evelyn!

N/A

3) Started a new blog at DadventureBlog.com

4) I had an odd dream the other night that my daughter was born and she was a he. I really confused because the ultrasound was extremely revealing lol.

5) My SIL is acting like a total witch. She is jealous of my wife's and I's marriage, child bearing, etc. She refuses to acknowledge my wife is pregnant and only talks to my wife when she wants something or wants to introduce a new BF. It is causing my wife to stress out which inturn is stressing me out!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

I don't know.  The name we're going with was originally my suggestion, which is pretty cool.  And I've always liked the names Desmond, Declan, and Dexter for boys (the D thing is a coincidence).

N/A.  I'm looking forward to hearing my kid laugh and seeing her smile.  I'm looking forward to meeting her and getting to know her.

3) The Braves are in the postseason, which is very exciting.  If they can get past the one game playoff with the Cardinals, I'm not too worried about the Nationals, who kinda dogged it near the end.

4) My wife and I are doing childbirth classes this month, which will include breastfeeding, infant CPR, and childcare.  I'm looking forward to learning all this stuff.  The literature refers to the father as the "birth guardian," so I'm also looking forward to laughing about a lot of it with my wife after.

5) Ultrasound on Tuesday along with the glucose test.  I love ultrasound appointments.  And then we're off to South Carolina for my dad's wedding.  I'm certain the phrase "We'll take it into consideration" will be used more than once with my dad's sisters suggesting names.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) We have an arrangement for this.  All boys I get veto power and final say.  All girls she gets veto power and final say.  So Jacob Abraham was all me.  My wife really loves the name anyway, so it was win/win.

2) Coming home from work when me and the boy see each other for the first time. The minute he hears my voice he turns his head to see where daddy is at. It is such an awesome moment that it makes me forget about the rat race and remember that my son and family are what really matter. He gets so excited already!!

3) Green Bay Packers start a 3 game road trip this Sunday in Indy. After that we go to Houston and Then onto Arizona.  This will tell a lot about my boys!!

4) Quarterly Reporting week at work ends Friday.  I plan on a Grey Goose evening shortly after that.

5) I have not played PS3 in almost two weeks.  It may be time to force the issue and deal with the consequences.....

Hope all of you enjoy your weekends!!  We are in peak color mode here in SE Wisconsin, and it is really something to see.

• imagepolooo26:
    imageRockyTopVols:

5) My SIL is acting like a total witch. She is jealous of my wife's and I's marriage, child bearing, etc. She refuses to acknowledge my wife is pregnant and only talks to my wife when she wants something or wants to introduce a new BF. It is causing my wife to stress out which inturn is stressing me out!

My sister reminds me a little of your SIL. The only thing we have found that works is minimizing the communication. The second we think we can trust her again she'll start another round of drama for no reason at all. She's been better lately but the holidays are right around the corner so we'll see what happens. Just know you're not alone.

That is exactly what happens with us.

Thanks man. :) Glad to know there are others out there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

We are going to pick the name together. We already picked out a boys name "Dominic William" (Dominic is my dad's confirmation name and William is her grandfather's name). Our girls name, we're leaning towards Aubrey, Audrina, or Ashlyn. Haven't come up with a middle name but what does everyone think about the first names?

2) What is your favorite part of being a dad so far? (This includes the dads-to-be, what is your favorite part so far)

My favorite thing part about being a dad so far was finding out this week that I am going to be a dad! It was an amazing feeling. 

3) 

So my wife was on the way home from work today, and she told me that she was going to Taco Bell for some tacos. She said "your baby wants tacos." It was the first time I heard the words "your baby" like that made it feel a little more real, a little more amazing.

4)

My wife told me the other morning about being pregnant. She tried to video my reaction, but in all the excitement she accidentally turned her iPhone camera to front facing without realizing so she caught her reaction to my reaction LOL it was really cute!

5)

We have a dog (58 lbs) and 2 cats. We enjoy laughing at the interaction between the two because when the cat is being an ass to the dog, the dog gives him the side-eye it's absolutely hilarious because he tries to not make direct eye contact with the smaller cat.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

If I could have named my son without veto his full name would have been Carter Abram...wife didn't like the middle and since I got to choose the first she got the middle. Next kid we will switch, but we get to veto until we both agree so alls not lost. 

My favorite part is the craziness that has happened so far. My son lost it in a grocery store parking lot last weekend and my wife was crying and it was horrible. But I pulled over, blasted the air and took my son out of the carseat and calmed him. Once he was quite my wife was quite and we just sat for 10 minutes. It was rough and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it happens and I'm glad I was there to be cool and collective and help out. I'm like a super hero. 

3) My kid went in for his 2 week appointment and the main goal was to make sure he was back to birth weight. He came out at 7lb 3oz and he weighed in at......wait for it....wait for it....8lb 4oz! Holy crap! My kid is an overachiever!

4) Work sucks butt and I want a new job. Had an interview on Wednesday and it was just okay. The title they are offering is a few steps up from where I am and the company looked hesitant to take the gamble. I was decent in the interview and they asked for references, etc. so we will see. If they contact folks I might still have a fighting chance. When I sent my references I included a paragraph as a last fight for consideration. Finger's crossed.

5) Um, that's it. Still home figuring this parent thing out and trying not to gain weight. I haven't been to the gym since my wife's water broke and people keep bringing us sweets. Crap! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"