Postpartum Depression
Options

Anxiety question

Does anyone else just have really bad PP anxiety? I am 5 1/2 months PP and that is my only symptom. I have terrible anxiety here and there, not all day or everyday it just comes and goes. I have never had this before having a baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anxiety question

• Options
    Yes, however, I had anxiety problems prior to pregnancy as well. They were SO BAD about a month after having DD and just got worse and worse. I had a few days of depression, but anxiety was what I had more often. It makes me feel crazy. I started 10mg of Prozac (I've been on it before) and I would say I'm at leat 50%-75% better after 5-6 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have both anxiety and depression. But I was prone to some anxiety before PG. It is worse now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My only symptom has been severe anxiety.  LO is a little over 5 months as well.  It feels like as she gets older, my spectrum of anxiety keeps broadening.  I look back at some things I did with LO and DH when she was younger (e.g. trips we've taken, outings) and I think, OMG, I don't think I could handle that now.  I finally had to admit that I need help and have started speaking with a therapist.  For me, treating my anxiety means taking super baby steps.  At this rate, I probably won't be back to normal until she's twelve!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes. It turned out to be my birth control (mini-pill) that was causing it. I suffered for over a year and just recently figured it out.

Hugs to you. It sucks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like PP said you may want to check your birth control.  I suffered from anxiety before my BFP and it turned out to be my birth control (nuvaring) that was causing it.  Be sure and talk to your dr about your symptoms.

Huggs!!

photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

• Options

PPA was way worse than the depression for me.  The anxiety brought on the depression.  My worst symptom was my anxiety not letting me fall or stay asleep.  EVER!!!!  It was awful...made me suicidal :(.  I had to finally speak out and get a therapist and a pychiatrist.  They have helped me sooooo much!  Thank God for them and my meds!!  My anxiety made my insomnia soooo bad that I would just lay in bed and have full blown panic attacks!  Awful...landed me in the ER twice!  This sh*t is no joke and def. not fair to have, so I am sorry you are dealing with this.  Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

My therapy and meds totally help though!  I suggest you do the same.  I take Klonopin for my anxiety/panic attacks, Trazodone for my depression and Serequel to control my racing mind.  I am weaning off the Serequel now though...down to 75mgs from 600!!  So things do get better with time! 

Good luck honey...PM if you need to!

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"