1st Trimester

Anyone have a neg HPT but pos bloodtest?

AF was due Sunday. I've gotten it every 26 days like clockwork for the last 11 months. Now it is 4 days late. I've taken 5 HPT's over the past 5 days and went to see my OB Tuesday with a negative test there as well. I went this morning for a blood test to see what's up, but I'm so skeptical. I got BFP the first test with DS! Anyone have negative HPT's but a positive blood test? Thanks!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone have a neg HPT but pos bloodtest?

• You ovulated late.  That will make your period later than you expect but it's not actually late.  That's not to say you definitely aren't going to find out you're pregnant but right now you're not or you're not pregnant enough to register.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    You ovulated late.  That will make your period later than you expect but it's not actually late.  That's not to say you definitely aren't going to find out you're pregnant but right now you're not or you're not pregnant enough to register.

That's what my SIL said, its just so weird that its come every 26 days and now were on day 30! Blood tests can register a lot sooner then HPT's right? 

• Loading the player...
  • There is no reason to get a blood test before you've gotten a positive HPT.

Most people don't need a blood test at all unless there is a reason for it, like recurrent miscarriages, history of ectopic pregnancy, etc.

Late period and negative HPT is not a reason for a blood test. 

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• imagemamainseptember:

imageelmoali:
    You ovulated late.  That will make your period later than you expect but it's not actually late.  That's not to say you definitely aren't going to find out you're pregnant but right now you're not or you're not pregnant enough to register.

That's what my SIL said, its just so weird that its come every 26 days and now were on day 30! Blood tests can register a lot sooner then HPT's right? 

A 4-day late period is not "so weird".  A ton of things can delay ovulation such as illness, stress, traveling etc. Just because you have had a 26 day cycle for the most part, doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to have one for the rest of your life and that nothing can change that.

You're impatient.  I'm surprised your doctor was even willing to do a blood test because someone was on CD30 and got a BFN.  

Test with an HPT every other day until you get a BFP, or you hit 60 days without AF, THEN call your doctor.  

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• I would stock up on $Tree tests and test every few days until it's either positive or AF shows.  When I got pg with DS1 I O'd on CD28, so even though most would expect AF that day, I knew not to expect a new cycle unitl closer to CD42.  Eventually you'll either get AF or a BFP.  GL.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • imagerayofsunshine99:
    imagemamainseptember:

imageelmoali:

A 4-day late period is not "so weird".  A ton of things can delay ovulation such as illness, stress, traveling etc. Just because you have had a 26 day cycle for the most part, doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to have one for the rest of your life and that nothing can change that.

You're impatient.  I'm surprised your doctor was even willing to do a blood test because someone was on CD30 and got a BFN.  

Test with an HPT every other day until you get a BFP, or you hit 60 days without AF, THEN call your doctor.  

Oh I'm extremely impatient haha but also, I'm high risk because of kidney issues so as soon as I'm pregnant I have to be monitored, that's the only reason why he ordered a blood test. I guess we will find out tomorrow, I was just curious if this had happened to anyone before. 

• Totally agree with stocking up on the dollar store tests. They are the same kind of test most OBs use, and are very accurate. I got a really dark BFP at 4 weeks with one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemamainseptember:
    imagerayofsunshine99:
    imagemamainseptember:

imageelmoali:

Oh I'm extremely impatient haha but also, I'm high risk because of kidney issues so as soon as I'm pregnant I have to be monitored, that's the only reason why he ordered a blood test. I guess we will find out tomorrow, I was just curious if this had happened to anyone before. 

Yes but still, there is plenty of reason for him to make you wait until you get a + HPT.  They are VERY sensitive. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I had a feeling I was pregnant. I went to my gyn just to be tested and their test came back negative and my blood work also came back negative the following day. I went another week thinking that my period was just super late. I decided that something wasn't right. I took 3 HPT and they all came back positive. I then went back to the gyn and all their test were positive and I'm now 6wks. So you just never know. Test again if you feel funny. The gyn told me I probably tested too early. Smh...
  • imageLeslieH07:
    I had a feeling I was pregnant. I went to my gyn just to be tested and their test came back negative and my blood work also came back negative the following day. I went another week thinking that my period was just super late. I decided that something wasn't right. I took 3 HPT and they all came back positive. I then went back to the gyn and all their test were positive and I'm now 6wks. So you just never know. Test again if you feel funny. The gyn told me I probably tested too early. Smh...

That's good to know! Thanks. They said they'll have the blood results in the morning and if they are negative to wait until 2 weeks and then be retested if AF doesn't show up. So we will see! 

•  HCG did show up on a blood test when I was 4 days late (I was in the ER, and it came up when they took blood), but the urine test in the ER was negative. I turned an HPT positive the next day. I just assume I ovulated later, since I wasn't tracking it this month.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"