South Jersey Babies
Options

Natural Childbirth and Garden State OB/GYN

I believe that it is best for myself and my baby to have an unmedicated and natural childbirth if there are no medical complications. I'm currently going to Garden State OB/GYN in Voorhees and I would like to know if anyone has received the support that they needed to have a natural childbirth at this practice. When I told one of the doctors that I am taking Bradley classes and plan to have a natural childbirth their response was, " Well, we usually offer an epidural. We also offer pitocin if you're not progressing "fast enough", but you can refuse these things." I'm aware that I can refuse unecessary medication during labor, but I don't want the whole laboring process to be a fight. They also do not accept birth plans (althought if I stay with them they're getting one anyway.) I'd just like to know if anyone had an unmedicated natural birth while using this practice and if they didn't have to fight the doctor to have it that way.

Re: Natural Childbirth and Garden State OB/GYN

• Options
    I love Garden State and I'm not having a natural childbirth but I am having a VBAC and all the Dr's I have seen have been really supported in my decision on having one. I have never heard of them not appecting births plans because many of friends have gone though them and they were total supported in there decison with a natrual birth and brith planning. 
  • Options
    I originally planned a natural child birth.  I went to University doctors in Sewell and met with both midwives and OBs.  They were extremely supportive of my "ideal" birth.  I ended up need a c-section but they were supportive the entire time, and I never received the "are you nuts" look.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to Garden State OB/GYN and found them to be very good.  I would say try another doctor there and see which doctor is most responsive to the natural birth plan.  I had planned on a natural birth also but my baby was over a week late so they had to induce me.  The doctors there always asked me what birth plan I was going to do and they should know that it is your decision.  I would recommend Dr. Articolo or Dr. White did my delivery.
  • Options
    i started with GS ob/gyn because i heard they had a MW on staff and i wanted a natural birth. However, the MW quit and then they were supposed to hire two more. But at my second visit, i was told that there would be no guarantee that i could use one of the new MWs; it completely depended on if they were on call on my due date. Then, my husband asked what the difference was between natural birth and not natural (he hasn't done any reading on it) and we were told one has pain and one doesn't. (seriously, that's all the dr. said) That and the fact that they wouldn't accept a birth plan convinced me to find a new ob/gyn. I now go to premier ob/gyn and love it there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"