August 2011 Moms
Options

***Ladybug***

Care to share a pic of your brilliant idea for the fan/lamp base??? I'm intrigued.

Re: ***Ladybug***

• Options

Just saw this - we've been running errands. I'll post one later after DS gets up from his nap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Link to pictures: https://ladybugpjbspics.shutterfly.com/pictures/11

So it looks pretty ghetto, but we haven't had any accidents with it. The smaller box next to it is full of books, so DS can't move it - it blocks the cord. I just never got around to securing the cord better, and we're moving soon, so the box o' books works.

Anyway... The solid wrapping paper I used isn't forgiving - it wrinkles and the color cracks if it folds. You could probably use something else...fabric? I even thought of using brown paper like some people use to wrap packages, then letting DS draw on it.

But you get the basic idea. I'm assuming your lamp base isn't as big as the fan base, so you wouldn't have to cut the notches in the bottom of the box. I don't know if having a smaller base would make a difference for stability, but this only cost me about $5 - $1.50ish for the box, $3ish for the paper, and we had the tape. The trickiest part was the paper since the box is so big.

PS...pardon any dust on the fan - dusting that thing is tedious work.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is awesome! Do would I have to get a taller box since the floor lamp is taller? Btw, I did not see any dust! Thank you!!!!
  • Options

I don't know about taller, but I think the width gives it stability. The width also keeps him from being able to reach the pole (at least until he gets a little taller).

You could always experiment with a couple of different sizes. Just don't cover the box until you decide what would work best. The box I got was the tallest they had at Home Depot.

• Options
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"