Potty Training
Options

Daycare is taking on potty training!

So today ds starts what I'm calling potty training "bootcamp"!  I was shocked when they told me to bring in a bunch of sets of underwear and clothes and that today will start his agressive potty training.  All the other kids in his class were trained in about ONE WEEK.  Sounds too good to be true but I talked with another mom and she's so happy with the results.  They basically just throw him right in undies and let him start to feel when he's going and within a few days they said he will be more aware of having to go and the accidents will be less.  Mind you, he's already shown signs of being ready for this training by telling us when he's going and sitting on the potty, etc.  So it's not just like they're doing this without making sure it's the right time.  I'm just so shocked and pleased that they're taking on the bulk of this burden because I really wanted to have him trained by the time new baby arrives and had no clue how I was going to do it.  So happy!  I hope he does well.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

Re: Daycare is taking on potty training!

• Options
    We are doing the same thing at daycare starting tomorrow. Our son just turned 3 yesterday and has dry days and then 50/50 wet and dry days. We'll see what happens!
  • Options
    That's awesome, I am hoping our daycare will do something similar when DS transitions to the 2 year old room. We are going to start working on it when my DH is on spring break and see if daycare will kind of help with that as well. Good luck to your DS, I hope it goes great!
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's room offered to do this 3 months after she turned two and was showing signs of being ready or so I thought. I was so excited because it had worked for other children. I was 6 mos pregnant and was thrilled at the thought of her being trained by the time the new baby was here. But it didn't work out for us. She had some really good days, some really bad days and some OK days even weeks and months later. It just created more laundry and more stress on all of us.
    Having said that, I think that if your child is truly ready, it will work. Mine just wasn't.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"