Dads & Dads-to-be

Whoa!

Okay, so we have been having a tough time TTC with #1. We have just started consulting with IVF and I went for my sperm analysis last Monday. I found out that I have a low morphology rate (5%). Anyway, fast forward to this morning, she checks her temp and it went up. I took the dog for a walk and when I came back she surprised me with a POSITIVE preg test (2 actually). OMG wow it's all still sinking in! If all goes right, our approximate due date is June 14, 2013! How did it first feel to everyone else??? I'm still in shock, 17 hours later lol.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Whoa!

• First of all, congrats! 

Shock is definitely an appropriate response.  Even under the most "normal" of circumstances and actively trying, when you get that positive, shock hits regardless.  With your TTC issues, shock would be even more justified.

I'd say I was shocked for a while, but there was definite joy as well.  As the shock wore off, the joy exponentially increased.

Welcome to the board, glad to have you and hope all goes well for you and your wife and child!

• Thanks!!

I just added a ticker, lets see if it works!

Yep - all good!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  And congratulations!  You're about to start a crazy, fun ride :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dude,

Congrats! That is awesome!

When you are trying and it finally happens it is exciting and can be a little nerve-wracking. I have to admit that I was excited, surprised and nervous. After trying for so long it was kind of hard to believe. But stay positive and enjoy this time.

Again, congrats! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome!!!! It is going to go by so fast man. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TTC can be stressful, so when that test comes back + it can be overwhelming.  Congrats on the good news.

It goes so fast, so enjoy every moment of the pregnancy that you can.  Seems like the wife and I were just where you are now, and we just celebrated our boys 5th week!

And an added word of advice.  Try to stay cool, calm and collected during the first trimester.  Try to wait on going to see the doctor until 8-10 week mark.  Don't tell anyone, not even parents.  That little beaner in there needs to be chilled out for those first few months, free of stresses like worry and anxiety.  The minute you tell people you are pregnant, they will be on you all the time. 

• Congratulations!  At first it was definitely a mix of excitement and feelings of 'oh my gosh what do I do now?'  You'll quickly learn that there isn't much you can do except be there for her and take care of her.

Welcome!

• I echo my fellow dads and dads-to-be when they say, savor the pregnancy.  Sometimes it may not be quite what you expect, the first trimester could be an interesting experience, especially if she has morning sickness, but it flies by so quickly.  One day you'll blink and the next thing you know you are in the delivery room!

• welcome and congratulations...enjoy...its the best feeling in the world
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"