San Diego Babies
Options

Doula Recs

Hi, All.

Just hit 18 weeks with baby #2, and thought it might be time to start looking into doulas.  We did not use one for our first baby, but am really interested in finding one to work with for our second so my husband and I are sure to have another supportive individual in the delivery room with us.

I've found a list of SD area doulas through DONA, but was hoping to get some guidance based on the personal experience and recommendations of others.  Any thoughts or insights that can be provided are greatly appreciated!  Thank you!!

Re: Doula Recs

• Options

We selected a doula from the North County group Embracing Labor (www.embracinglabor.com). Laura Schmalfeldt is our doula and we love her so far, although the actual birth hasn't happened. In any case, I think they're a great group of doulas. Bradley Method teachers will also have recommendations.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Laura is great! The whole Embracing Labor group is amazing! You should attend their meet the doula night! You will have the opportunity to meet several at a time and have an opportunity to interview them. Pretty neat group of women. My mentors I turn to as I work my way to becoming a doula myself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"