41 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Cheating?

I love my husband and can not imagine my life without him but I have a deep urge to cheat on him with guy in my class.  At first I thought it was just a crush, but now I am picturing myself actually going though with it and kissing, etc. this other guy. Husband and I have a mediocre sex life but care deeply about each other.

Other guy seems interested in me and we have a flirty type of relationship but we have nothing in common.  It would never lead to a relationship,  maybe just a physical thing one or twice.

I feel like a horrible person for even thinking this :(

Re: Cheating?

• Options
    I think this way about someone at work all the time. But he is not interested, I don't think, and I've really only just fantasized. I don't think you should do it because it's not okay to lie to your husband. If you can both agree that you're allowed to "step out," then go for it.
  • Options
    Thoughts are not crimes. You are human and you don't stop being attracted to people just because you are married. But, maybe you could and should find a way to bring some more fire to your marital sex life? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is going to be flameful in the most extreme sense of the word but I cheated on my DH 4 years ago and it was totally worth it.

I was traveling for work and ended up in a city where an old flame lives. We were just sex partners back in the day and it was wild and crazy and awesome. We stopped because we both moved for work and then we both got married but kept in touch with very infrequent emails. I emailed that I would be in town and that we should get together. He came in to the city and we had dinner and drinks. As we were leaving he said he really wanted to make out. We ended up in my hotel room. His wife was also OOT apparently. We had crazy 24 sex and it was amazing. I had been feeling really blah about sex with DH. This recharged my batteries and I came home wanting it more and feeling really good about myself. My marriage is wonderful but this really improved our sex life because it gave me a kind of psychological boost. This was sort of due to the fact that his wife is really gorgeous too.

Your situation is different though. You'll have to see this man again. You live in the same community which makes it more likely to get exposed.

I have no regrets about what happened that trip but I would never do it so close to home and I would never do it with anyone other than this person. I have never told a single soul this. Noone knows other than me and him.  

• Options

Unless you secret squirrel do want a divorce, don't do this.

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    I've been cheated on and it is not worth the pain you will cause him. Head over to survivinginfidelity.com and read in the 'just found out' board.

Try to spice things up in the bedroom with your hubby see if that helps.
  • Options
    image+LEN+:

This recharged my batteries and I came home wanting it more and feeling really good about myself. My marriage is wonderful but this really improved our sex life because it gave me a kind of psychological boost. This was sort of due to the fact that his wife is really gorgeous too.  

I know it's too close to home, but I guess the flameful part is that I kind of think that it would have the same effect as you said.  I think if I was in a situation like you, I would totally do it.  Kind like an itch that just needs to be scratched...

• Options

The problem is you don't know until after you cheat if that will be the case. So maybe you feel recharged and are ready to go back to your husband all happy and shiit. But maybe you come to realize you can never be happy again in your marriage and now you're miserable and/or end up with a divorce.

Also, how can you be sure your H will never find out? Because that's the issue here. Even if all it does is recharge your batteries or something, can you guarantee your H will never know? 

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    I cheated on boyfriends in college and highschool. The fantasy is always way better than the real thing. Have fun fantasizing and not worrying about STDs. 
  • Options

Life is too short for bad sex.

But either accept that you're doomed to a life of mediocre ugly-bumping or DTMF, etc.

• Options
    LEN's post makes me wonder what I would think of H suddenly became a raging sex machine. I mean, he loves sex and wants to have it on the regular, but if he seemed like a brand new person in bed for inexplicable reasons, I realize now that I'd worry.
  • Options
    imageTellMeNotToDoIt:
    image+LEN+:

This recharged my batteries and I came home wanting it more and feeling really good about myself. My marriage is wonderful but this really improved our sex life because it gave me a kind of psychological boost. This was sort of due to the fact that his wife is really gorgeous too.  

I know it's too close to home, but I guess the flameful part is that I kind of think that it would have the same effect as you said.  I think if I was in a situation like you, I would totally do it.  Kind like an itch that just needs to be scratched...

Keep in mind that I had previous knowledge of the fact that this was going to be good sex. Really good sex. 

Also don't get paranoid ladies. I didn't come home and jump on my DH like a dog on a meat truck. When he initiated I was more in the mood and when I would sometimes think about the weekend I would get excited and initiate but it wasn't a case where I came home and wanted it 24/7.

• Options
    I often have thoughts about cheating, too.  Esp now that DH has no interest in having sex with me.  
  • Options

I cheated with a married man while I was still single, and it basically turned the both of us into the one of the lowest denominators of humanity.  Oh, andplusalso I went through a month where I fantasized killing myself.  

So naturally I'll encourage you to not go through with it.  The fantasy is always far rosier than the reality.  Trust. 

ChallengeAcceptedMeme_TwoParty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"