Chit Chat

What about SAHW?

edited December 2020 in Chit Chat
I could easily do that. Where do we fall on that one in terms of judginess?

Re: What about SAHW?

• Why judge? Most people say they want to win the lottery so they can stop working or retire early. If you have a SO who makes enough money that you can do that, why not?
  • imageIHaveSoMuch2Say:
    I could easily do that. Where do we fall on that one in terms of judginess?

I don't care. At all.  But if a SAHW tells me she never gets time to herself I'll kill her. ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • I would judge if her house wasn't spotless and she made shittt for dinner every night. Or if she had a housekeeper.
  • Oh I will judge these people all day long.  How do you feel spending money your H has earned and you're not contributing at all to the house?
    Go babies Caden!
  • imagelyssbobiss:
    Oh I will judge these people all day long.  How do you feel spending money your H has earned and you're not contributing at all to the house?

Ditto!

Your ass better be in some serious charity work, volunteerism, or some kind of support of your H's career if you want to seriously sell me on the fitness of being at home all day while your H works.

Click me, click me!
  • Yeah, I'll be honest.  I judge.  You're a woman and if you have a degree, please use it.
  • imagehoforsho:
    I would judge if her house wasn't spotless and she made shittt for dinner every night. Or if she had a housekeeper.

Word!

Dude, I am totally jealous of any sahw. But yeah. If you're at home all day with no kids, then you gotta be contributing to the household in some way. Also, you should shower each day and look presentable. lol

Edited cause I suck at making complete sentences. 

Annie Ericson
  • imageAnnieEricson:

Word!

Dude, I am totally jealous of any sahw. But yeah. If you're at home all day with no kids, then you gotta be contributing to the household in some way. Also, you should shower each day and look presentable. lol

Even then, you're just a trophy wife and I'm still judging. 

Click me, click me!
  • imagehindsight's_a_biotch:
    imageAnnieEricson:

Word!

Even then, you're just a trophy wife and I'm still judging. 

I wish there were a sign up somewhere to be a trophy wife. That ish sounds luxurious. Plus, I'm lazy and don't care about having a career.

But on the real, I would get bored and would definitely need to do something on the side. Volunteer for the animal shelter I used to volunteer at, take sewing classes, something. It doesn't matter, though, because this will never be my life. Crying

Annie Ericson
  • I'll cry with you.

If I had the chance to be a SAHW though, I think I'd be a student forever ever. 

Click me, click me!
  • I think I would be darling at being a trophy wife/SAHW.  DARLING, I say.

But we'd need a cook.  I'm not a fan of cooking. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelyssbobiss:
    Oh I will judge these people all day long.  How do you feel spending money your H has earned and you're not contributing at all to the house?

See, this would not bother me in the least. 

• I judge only to cover my extreme envy.
  • No judgment here. No matter how much you might enjoy your job, working sucks. Helping rich old white guys become richer? No thanks!
  • Our lives ran more smoothly when I was a SAHW. Things got done, the house was clean, dinners were nice and relaxed, we spent more time doing things together in the evenings, we ate better, exercised more and so on. 

• I was a SAHW while in school. I work now but only about 12 hours a week. I do take care of 90% of the housework if that helps.
  • I was one for our last four months in London. It was heaven. I took full advantage of traveling and sight seeing. 
  • If we could afford it I would gladly be a SAHW.
  • I was a SAHW once. IT was boring, underappreciated and totally embarrassing to admit to others because people TOTALLY don't respect SAHWs irl. 

However, overall I loved it. I had a lot of sleep, ate full, organic meals every day, and every errand that needed to be taken care of was done immediately. Working is way overrated in our culture. 

My husband had a weird work schedule and we could afford it. Our house was spotless, I cooked every meal from scratch, and volunteered/took classes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"