August 2011 Moms
Options

The one perk to being a working mom.

I feel like crap today (no, that is NOT the perk).

Been fighting off a cold and while m/s has pretty much left me alone, I have been feeling queasy all day for the past week or so. I powered through 2 kids' parties this weekend, but I am definitely paying the price for it today.

BUT.

But I can go back home and spend the rest of the day in bed. Not sure that I will, as I don't have that many sick days and I know I need them for the girls Dr appointments. But still. I just might.

Being able to take a sick day has got to be the #1 perk to being a working mom.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The one perk to being a working mom.

• Options

That is nice....!

My parents watch DD and so I always feel SO guilty being home and not picking her up. There has only been one day that I stayed home and left her at my parents. That is one huge downside to having family watch her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bitched at DH for having sick days.  Like, he gets to hole up in the master bedroom and puke in peace...  Jealous.  I have to be jealous about the environment in which I throw up?  Yes, yes I do.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For me, the #1 perk is NOT HAVING TO WIPE DOWN THE STUPID HIGH CHAIR like 8712364987325 time a day.  Over the weekends when I'm on full-time baby duty, I just feel like it's this constant game of catch-up cleaning that never gets entirely done.

Sick days are a definite plus though!  I hope you feel better soon (or enjoy your well-deserved break!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"