June 2012 Moms

pregnant or trying?

Is anyone ttc or even pregnant again? We haven't decided when to have #2 yet, but i'm curious if anyone is on their way.
Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: pregnant or trying?

• Heck no! We will probably try again when DS is a year old.
  • If DS had not been a breech unflipable baby and I had not needed a cs I think we would have tried again about now or next month. But as it stands I think we will try to wait until early spring. My brother and I are 12 months and two weeks apart and DH and his brother are 16 months apart. I liked that we were that close and my mom planned it that way and did too. We have to be really careful though because my cycle came back 28 days pp and has been totally regular since then. Poop on whoever told me if I EBF I wouldn't get it back for months.
  • Loading the player...
  • we really want them close in age but I want so much to just focus, give my attention and fully enjoy this LO without having to deal w/ M.S. and all that comes w/ first tri ....So we are rethinking the whole thing... 
  • My DH really wants to. I think I'll be ready around a year or so.
  • Hellll no!

DD2 was a very colicky baby which we later found out was mspi. Our girls are a little under 3 years apart and that is perfect spacing for us. DH and I have agreed to visit the topic of baby 3 when DD2 is closer to 2.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We aren't doing anything to prevent another pregnancy. I would prefer to wait a bit longer but the dh really is wanting another right away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since I'll be 40 in March, we are hoping to get started with IVF again next month.  I get my saline sonogram this Friday, and if all goes well, we'll cycle as soon as AF shows up again.

It's not ideal timing for us, but not terrible either, and is our best option for being successful in conceiving again.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemylittlesunshine:
    Hellll no! DD2 was a very colicky baby which we later found out was mspi. Our girls are a little under 3 years apart and that is perfect spacing for us. DH and I have agreed to visit the topic of baby 3 when DD2 is closer to 2.

me too 

• I think we are going to start trying next summer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hell to the no!
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • I had my tubes tied so definitely no more babies for me. haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • We were planning to start TTC around Christmas, but my H has recently gone back to school to retrain. So we'll be putting off TTC plans off until closer to DS's first birthday. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Ideally I'd like to try around this time next year or maybe closer to his 1st birthday..all I gotta do is talk DH into it... he wants them close in age I think he's thinkin not THAT close! Huh?
  • Our plan has been to keep them pretty close in age so we will start trying again in the spring...maybe haha.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We've been talking about trying for LO #4, but the plan is to wait until DS2 is closer to a year old.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As much as I want a second baby, now is definitely not the time. We'd initially discussed TTC starting next summer/early fall, but I'm thinking we may wait a year beyond that, so the kids will be three years apart. A lot is going to depend on our finances, whether I make partner at work, and our childcare options.
  • Ive said this before on this board, but I was hoping for a little whoops down the road. I now have Mirena which makes this pretty close to impossible.

Im pretty torn. Right now, coming off all of my heath problems I feel like I would never want to be pregnant again. I also know that you forget all that. We'll see. It's nowhere in our near future

• As much screaming as DS has done in the past week (and for the first 6 weeks of his life), I feel like a total failure as a mom. I think he;s going to be an only child. (I can hear my MIL freaking out already. sigh)

• We aren't actively trying yet but aren't preventing either. We will start actively trying probably around six months if I am still not pregnant. We decided that we would rather do the newborn thing sooner than later. After 2 we plan to be done.
  • We MIGHT try again in a year, but I'm thinking that we're done.  I'm ready to call it a day, but DH isn't quite convinced.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We originally were planning on trying when lo turns one but lately we have been thinking about starting to try when lo is 9 months. I'm the one that wants to try when lo is 9 mos so we will see if I can talk my hubby into it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I'm the opposite of everyone else.  I like having an age gap between my two kids (6.5 yrs between our two).  We will probably wait another 3 years before we start trying again...if I can convince my husband that is!
  • oh lord no. we're done! I'm getting Essure done at the end of the month. :) 

There are 23.5 months between DD1 and DD2 fwiw. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I am actually pregnant again. There will be about 11 month gap between J and new LO. We found out when J was about 7 weeks. This LO was definitely a surprise. We weren't planning on trying till J was 6 months old but one time getting drunk and forgetting protection resulted in LO. 

We are actually right now waiting to see if I've had a m/c. At what should have been 7 weeks I started spotting and cramping so they brought me in for an ultrasound and bloodwork. Well, didn't see anything but the sac on the ultrasound so the dr. go worried. I do have a tilted uterus so we are just hoping this is why we couldn't see LO. Going back thursday for another ultrasound. My hormones are going up the way they are supposed to so hoping..... 

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• No no no no no. We are D-O-N-E. DH is getting snipped whenever he can find the time. DD2 is SUCH a handful. There's no way I'd risk having another baby as high needs as her.
  • We are doing nothing to prevent.
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • imageunaveragejane:
    As much screaming as DS has done in the past week (and for the first 6 weeks of his life), I feel like a total failure as a mom. I think he;s going to be an only child. (I can hear my MIL freaking out already. sigh)

Jane, you are not a failure as a mom. Try not to be so hard on yourself. *hugs*

To answer the question, we are not planning on TTC for a couple of years.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are trying for #2 but it's kinda hard since I'm breastfeeding and haven't gotten AF yet.  We want several more kids and I'm 33 so we decided not to wait too long!!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are done. I wanted 2 kids. I was lucky to have 2 healthy children. I didn't have easy pregnancies and I have no desire to do that again :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDawnLilly:
    If DS had not been a breech unflipable baby and I had not needed a cs I think we would have tried again about now or next month. But as it stands I think we will try to wait until early spring. My brother and I are 12 months and two weeks apart and DH and his brother are 16 months apart. I liked that we were that close and my mom planned it that way and did too. We have to be really careful though because my cycle came back 28 days pp and has been totally regular since then. Poop on whoever told me if I EBF I wouldn't get it back for months.

Just fyi: it could be "break-through" type bleeding or non-ovulating cycles.

With DS I started getting lighter/shorter periods at 9 month post but didnt start ovulating until 14/15ish months when he was weaned and my period came back full force. This time the bleeding started at 3 month.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Probably trying for #2 between Christmas and next June when LO will be a year.  I want to lose the baby weight first (or as much of it as I can) but I want them close in age for sure.  I didn't want them close in age at first because my LO was colicky but now I definitely want them to be.  The first 3 months go by so fast anyway!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are not actively trying but also not preventing. I do hope to fall pregnant now as I really would like my kids to have closer age gaps. But right now I don't think I'm fertile yet as I'm EBFeeding and there is no sign of period yet. Well I do wonder if anyone gets pregnant before they got their first period post delivery?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"