October 2012 Moms

Three FTM questions...

#1. Do I need Gripe Water? Is it worth picking up now?

#2. Do I need gas drops? Are they worth picking up now?

#3. Who uses Amazon Mom? Is it as amazing as it sounds or should I use another rewards/discount program like Costco or BRU VIP? 

Thank you all so much for your advice! :-) 

Baby #1: Due 10/16/12: Due Date Baby!imageimageimage
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Three FTM questions...

• No to the first two questions, yes to the third.  Mylicon and Gripe Water don't do anything IMHO.  Amazon Mom is the cheapest place to get diapers in my area,  assuming you're planning to use a name brand diaper (like my personal recommendation, Pamper's Swaddlers Sensistive). 
  • I never used gripe water, and only used the gas drops a few times. I will have gas drops on hand just in case.

I use Amazon Mom and subscribe and save for diapers, it is by far the cheapest diapers I have found.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome!  Thanks for the advice and for the recommendations! You ladies are the best.
    Baby #1: Due 10/16/12: Due Date Baby!imageimageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have never used gripe water or gas drops with DD#1. Sorry can't help with #3 since I do not subscribe to any of those. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never used gripe water but don't think it would hurt to have gas drops on hand. They're pretty cheap.
    I have yet to use Amazon Mom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• I'm not sure about gripe water.. But, my sister swears by gas drops and uses them all the time with her kids so I picked some up just to have on hand. I figure they're only a few dollars and I'd rather have them than have to run to the store if I decided I do need them. And I used amazon mom to stock up on a few sizes of diapers.. they really are cheap (and delivery is great) compared to stores.
    BabyName Ticker
  • No to gripe water and has drops. I like the free amazon mom free shipping. My friend swears by their diapers. So yes I would.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1 - I say Gripe water is not a necessity but I like to have it on hand.  I find it works really well for a bad case of hiccups.

2 - Gas drops have always been a necessity to me and sometimes a lifesaver i n the middle of the night.

3 - I dont belong to Amazon Mom, but I am a Prime member and I couldnt live without that because sometimes its not so easy to run out to the store and with prime, I order it and it is at my door two days later with no shipping charge......its FABULOUS! 

• I wouldn't get anything just yet.  It really depends on the kid and what they like, need, or what you feel works best.  We never used Gripe Water (although we had some friends that swore by it!), but DD1 was a very gassy baby and she desperately needed Mylicon.  We saw a major difference when using it and when not using it. 

As for Amazon Mom, I'm still torn on that myself.  I know the free period is only a couple of months, so I'd hold off on joining as long as you can.  I'm not sure it's worth the yearly fee though.  Between wholesale stores, coupons, sales, and all sorts of incentives you can always get good deals on things.  The convenience of diapers being delivered to your door without you having do do anything is nice, but I think diapers.com does it too.

check out babycheapskate.com and it will tell you the best diaper prices based on stores and brand.  maybe that can help you make your decision.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gripe water was a miracle worker for DS when he was little, so I say yes.  Gas drops - meh, but the store brand ones are cheap, so it can't hurt to have them on hand.  You never know what will work for your LO until he/she arrives.

Amazon Mom is definitely worthwhile, much better than the BRU program for sure.  Plus stuff is delivered to your house, and if you live somewhere with bad winter weather, that's a huge plus in the early months. 

• For the gripe water and gas drops it depends on the kid.  The gas drops were a lifesaver with my eldest, but the younger ones really didn't have any benefit.  I didn't use gripe water with the older kids, but it always cured my youngest's bad hiccups.

As for Amazon mom?  The convenience of diaper delivery is awesome.   We ended up paying for Amazon Prime after our year of Amazon Mom benefits because we LOVED the 2 day shipping and 3.99 for an item 1 day shipping.  We've taken advantage of the 1 day shipping more than once.  They also just did a mom appreciation thing where Amazon mom members who were new to being signed up or Amazon Prime members who were Amazon Mom members got a 20% off coupon to use on a variety of baby stuff.  I hope they do it again in the future.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagequeenie521:

1 - I say Gripe water is not a necessity but I like to have it on hand.  I find it works really well for a bad case of hiccups.

2 - Gas drops have always been a necessity to me and sometimes a lifesaver i n the middle of the night.

3 - I dont belong to Amazon Mom, but I am a Prime member and I couldnt live without that because sometimes its not so easy to run out to the store and with prime, I order it and it is at my door two days later with no shipping charge......its FABULOUS! 

I will just quote this, becuase it is exactly what I would say.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"