May 2012 Moms

Kids songs CD recommendation

I was wondering if anyone had an awesome CD that they just love.  I am hoping for one with the classic kid songs and possibly sung by kids not adults.  I was given one that has My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean (never sung that) and some other goofy ones that I never heard of..... and it is all opera sounding or too much banjo. 

Or even a good CD with lullabies..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kids songs CD recommendation

• I am not going to be much help but I had to laugh at too much banjo. I never noticed it before but now that I think of it a lot of kids songs do have a lot of banjo in them.

We listen to the lullaby station on Pandora at night and the toddler station in the morning and during the day. I don't know if you ever use Pandora but if you like a particular song you can see what album it is on and then buy the album. However, I have noticed most of them are sung by adults with some kids also singing.  

• Palm to forehead.

When you said CD I thought you meant "cloth diaper"

In which sense your post made no sense to me! haha... Now I get it.

Have you ever heard Renee & Jeremy? They are fantastic -- Music both mommy and baby can listen to. I am a fan of the album Its a Big World

If you like that then you would like Elizabeth Mitchell, Jack Johnson, Bob Marley, and Frances England. They all have the same vibe.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a big fan of Justin Roberts (the song Doctor Doctor gets stuck in my head all.the.time) and Ellis Paul.  He has a rendition of "You Are My Sunshine" that he sings with one of his children.  It makes me cry it's so sweet!!!! The Laurie Berkner Band, Dan Zanes.  For lullabyes I like the Baby Einstein, and also The World Playground ones.  I get cds from the library and then put them onto my Ipod. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Jewel has a couple CDs out for kids. one is for lullabies. I love it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have any CDs sung by kids.  The BEST lullaby CD is this

Hawaiian Style Lullabies

Totally worth the price.  So relaxing.  My older daughter still requests it sometimes.

We also love Dan Zanes, Elizabeth Mitchell, and Laurie Berkner.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Laura Viers has a wonderful kids music album. Doesn't fit your criteria because it is an adult singing original songs, but it is so good I thought you might like to check it out.
  • Caspar Babypants! He has a nice mix of old classics and original songs. It's not sung by kids, but it's also not cutesy and annoying like some kids music can be.
  • I take LO to Music Together classes and they give a cd with the songs sung by both kids and adults. We like the songs and they teach good rhythm patterns. The songs are different than your typical ones.  

As far as others...I have a "Guess How Much I Love You" cd set that has a bunch of nice lullabies, we like the They Might be Giants kids cds, and Barenaked Ladies also has a cd that's cute. Not sung by kids, but I personally don't care for the ones sung by kids. Raffi has some good music too, and you can find books that go with his songs.  

• Rockabye Baby CDs are our favorites right now.  It's all popular artists but the music is instrumental and has the sounds kids like.  Rockabyebabymusic dot com.  It's awesome.  Queen, U2, Madonna, The Smiths, The Beatles, Kiss, Prince...the list goes on.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"