April 2013 Moms

Hip Pain

I have been having pain in my right hip/ butt and I was wondering if this is pretty common? I am just worried about it because I broke my hip in two places a couple of years ago, but the weird part is its the opposite side that hurts not where I broke it. Also my tail bone hurts (which i also broke)  at times but that might just be my injury and nothing to do with pregnancy. Oh my hip hurts if i stand too much , go on a walk and sometimes while i'm in bed my hip/butt hurt.  I guess I am just wondering if anyone else is going through this too

Re: Hip Pain

• I'm having hip pain too and have no prior injuries to my hips. It comes and goes for no reason. I've found that sleeping with a pillow between my knees helps a little bit but sometimes there's nothing to do. Hope it's just pregnancy related for you too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • glad to know I am not the only one! yes i use a pillow at night and that helps a little. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I broke my tail bone 16 years ago and the pressure on it lately has been bad. My hips are doing good, knock on wood.
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sciatic nerve pain perhaps?  I just started to get a shooting pain on the top side of my right butt from time to time.  I know sciatica is pretty common with pg ladies, but I didn't think it started until later (due to baby weight).  I never got it last time, and bummed if that's what this is already.  Its pretty sharp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • omg - this was me all weekend!  I was thinking did i do anything to injure it (no previous injury) but yeah - right side just above the glutes... so wierd - I feel like my body has a mind of its own these days!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been having hip pain on my left hip when I wake up, it almost makes my hip feel numb.. it's so odd!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have SI joint dysfunction as a result of my pregnancy with my son.  The pain didn't start until about 35 weeks with my son but continued after he was born.  It has gotten much worse since becoming pregnant with number 2.  It can cause hip/buttock/law back pain due to loosening of ligaments, and it is made worse by hormones.
  • Sciatic nerve pain  it started for me with my first daughter.  hasn't been a problem since untill recently with this baby.   stinks cause its really painful
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageblueandgray:
    Sciatic nerve pain perhaps?  I just started to get a shooting pain on the top side of my right butt from time to time.  I know sciatica is pretty common with pg ladies, but I didn't think it started until later (due to baby weight).  I never got it last time, and bummed if that's what this is already.  Its pretty sharp.

This is me! It started around 5 weeks and it's been fairly regular since. And I feel it's gotten worse in the last week or so. It happens a lot when I stand or sit and then when I turn to the right (it's on my left side). I thought for sure it wasn't something that happened until I was bigger, and now I'm a little scared of how bad it will be once I do gain baby weight.

As with the hip, I've had that too in my left with no previous injury. I've used a pillow between my knees before, but I think I might invest in a body pillow or specialty knee pillow. Glad to hear that works!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Thanks guys for all the comments! I dont feel so alone in this! I will try and update you all next week when I talk to my doctor about it . I hope I remember to ask her , I seem to have all these questions and then I FORGET everything when I am actually there.....probably should write it down lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"