Parenting
Options

Dexter

Okay, Debra needs to cool her shiits because she's bugging me. I love the *** out of this show but one episode in and I'm already having panic attacks for Dexter. ::: reminding myself it's not real and I don't know him personally:::

Re: Dexter

• Options
    Haha no kidding.  I felt the same way during season 2 with Doakes.  OMG I had anxiety the whole season!
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I am only halfway through season 5 but I had to poke ahead for spoilers to make sure it didn't make me cry anymore. Darn hormones. Season 4 almost killed me. I hope it stops making me crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were yelling at the tv over here. Serious anxiety. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    I don't know how much more I can take.
  • Options

I'm actually happy she figured it all out in the first episode, because otherwise she's a major dumbass. When I first saw the teaser for this season (where they show Dexter manipulating Deb into thinking it was a one time thing) I was so annoyed. Deb's really going to buy that the plastic wrap/knives/creepy outfit were already there? Also, it's the exact MO of the bay harbor butcher, a case she personally worked?? Luckily the writers didn't make her quite so dumb.

Dex should really stop using work as his late night alibi. It's a pretty easy one to prove a lie. You'd think he would have thought of something else after season 2.  

Overall I'm digging the setup for this season. Although I really hope they drop the boring as shiit subplot with Battista and Quin. Who cares?! I am interested in creepy forensic intern though. Budding serial killer, I assume? 

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options

imagetwatley:
    I thought this was going to be the last season, I'm a little annoyed that they are doing one more after this. 

My love of the show says I'm happy there's another season but based on the storyline for this season, it really should be the final.  It's THE big story.  What the heck will they do next season?

• Options

I was on the edge of my seat throughout virtually the entire episode.

*** SPOILER ALERT! *** 

However, I think Dexter's getting sloppy. For example, the forensics team should eventually figure out that the church fire was started AFTER Travis died. But maybe that's going to be part of the plot later on in the season? I dunno. And the whole scene of killing the guy in an airport, where there are likely cameras and security everywhere, was too much of a stretch for me. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    imageKJmashup:

*** SPOILER ALERT! *** 

However, I think Dexter's getting sloppy. For example, the forensics team should eventually figure out that the church fire was started AFTER Travis died. But maybe that's going to be part of the plot later on in the season? I dunno. And the whole scene of killing the guy in an airport, where there are likely cameras and security everywhere, was too much of a stretch for me. 

I totally agree.  That was incredibly stupid and unbelievable. 

Dexter really should have pushed Deb more to let him dispose of the body.  There is bound to be more evidence that they left.

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • Options

imagetwatley:
    I thought this was going to be the last season, I'm a little annoyed that they are doing one more after this. 

They are? One more? GRRR! 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    Yes, the airport scene made my giggle. That was the first time through the entire series where I was like, um not realistic. When shows start to get like this it means it's run it's course. Love the show but I hope it ends before it gets cheesy.
  • Options
    imageKJmashup:

*** SPOILER ALERT! *** 

I agree with all this.  And SPOILER!  IIRC, didn't the fire get started like, halfway down the pews?  A burn pattern is going to show that and there's no way a gasoline fueled fire would have allowed Travis enough time to run from it, back to the alter and stab himself.  Nevermind that the sword used looked to be too long for normal size arms to have used it to stab one self.

• Options
    imagejustAphase:
    Debra is annoying, nothing new there.

Quinn is sexy.

That is all.
    Nooo, Quinn is not sexy!
  • Options
    DH and I love dexter but watch it after the season is over because we don't have HBO or show time or whatever channel it's on.
    Debs official name is, "dumbasss deb" we don't call her deb.
  • Options
    imageelmoali:

imagetwatley:

My love of the show says I'm happy there's another season but based on the storyline for this season, it really should be the final.  It's THE big story.  What the heck will they do next season?

I own the books this show was based on, but I've only read the first two.  I will say, the show is actually better than the books- believe it or not.  The events that occur in the show are very different than in the book.  For instance, Deb finds out almost immediately that Dexter is who he is.  She eventually gets over it, so there are a lot more things to happen.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    Ack! I'm only just starting season 6. I really need to catch up and hit season 7 ASAP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"