July 2012 Moms
Options

It's Over

My maternity leave, that is. And I am totally and completely heartbroken. I have been in tears on and off all day. As in emotional trainwreck, hysterical tears. I knew this day was coming and would be hard but ohmigosh it feels like my heart is being ripped out. I have racked my brain and I'm not sure there was any way to prepare myself for this reality. I desperately wish it could be me taking care of him, rather than our wonderful daycare. Or at least that I had more time. I just look at that tiny face and think of all we've been through together and my heart literally aches. But I have a great job that I worked very hard to obtain and with DH's law school loans, staying home with him is not an option right now. So it's time to put on a brave face and do this.

July 2012 moms, I know I was late to the party and we don't know each other well yet. But if you could keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow, that would be great. And also all of the other moms who are headed back to work this week. I know it will hard but I also know (at least I hope) it will get better.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's Over

• Options

Me too.

I go from being so sad to just being so nervous that I am going to forget something or mess something up, or something is going to go wrong. Then I go back to being sad. I have like 10 pictures to put on my desk and I will probably talk about him all day to my coworkers.

Good luck! We are all going to do great and we will all survive. So many July mommas are already back and doing great, and we will be into the swing of things in no time.

• Options
    Hugs to you both. I'm already dreading it, and I still have 5 months. I like pp idea of having photos put up somewhere. I mean sure they're on my phone, but it's not quite the same is it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh my goodness how my heart aches for you and your LO.  I am very fortunate to have a long maternity/bonding leave until the end of the year and then will most likely give up my great job for the best, but most challenging job of being a SAHM.  I am not sure how all you ladies do it so soon.  I would be a wreck!  

Just want to let you know I will be thinking about you and your LOs during this tough transition.

Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    It's so hard, but I promise it gets easier!! I've been back to work for about 3 weeks now and each day gets a little better...
  • Options

I went back a few days a week two weeks ago and start full time tomorrow.  Glad I did it this way so it is not a total shock.  Did a test drop off on Friday which went well.

It is just so hard even if you are happy to go back to work.  Will be thinking of you. 

TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    (((Hugs)))  I still have a few weeks left but I already tear up thinking about going back. As others said, I'm sure it is tough at first, but it will get easier.
  • Options

Thanks so much for the helpful and thoughtful comments, advice etc. It means more than you will ever know. 

Girls who are also going back - let's check in with each other tomorrow night, ok? I'll be thinking about you and your LOs as well and am glad to know I'm not going at this alone. 

• Options
    I have been in denial that today is my last day of maternity leave until tonight at 8, when I really had to kick myself to start getting things ready!.  I am nervous...about leaving little one and about doing good work, its been 4 months since I was working and as a nurse, its important to be on the ball...does this crazy forgetful mommy brain go away when I clock in? Let's definitely check in tomorrow night!  Best of luck to you guys too!
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your post captured my exact feelings. DS first day in daycare is tomorrow (a half day). Tuesday I'm back to work full time and he's of to daycare full time. I'm incredibly sad. I didn't know it would be this hard. Best of luck to everyone. Glad we have each other for support and understanding. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have three weeks left and Im so sad. I remember sobbing the entire drive in on my first day back after having my son. Good luck, you'll be fine, it definitely gets easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also - I meant to tell you other girls headed back to work - I posted yesterday on the Working Moms board and got some really helpful advice, tips for efficiency etc. You may want to check it out!
  • Options
    Good luck to all you back to work mommas!  It gets better-just know that you'll see a great sight when you pick LO up-your baby seeing you, noticing, and then breaking out into a HUGE grin.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"