September 2012 Moms
Options

Appetite?

Has anyone noticed a tank in their own appetite since having your babies?  I usually have an overly healthy appetite...eating small meals every few hours.  Now, if someone doesn't remind me to eat, I just don't.    I have no problem eating when I actually sit down to food, so I don't think it's a psychological issue.   It's just that I don't feel hungry and have been pretty much existing on granola bars and fiber one bars.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Appetite?

• Options
    For the first 2.5 weeks, that's exactly how I was.  Voraciously thirsty, but not hungry.  Now my hunger has returned...I get LO up at 2 and 6 to eat and pump and I almost always eat a granola bar while doing that because the thought of waiting for a few more hours to eat makes me want to cry.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

imageMarisaKathleen:
    For the first 2.5 weeks, that's exactly how I was.  Voraciously thirsty, but not hungry.  Now my hunger has returned...I get LO up at 2 and 6 to eat and pump and I almost always eat a granola bar while doing that because the thought of waiting for a few more hours to eat makes me want to cry.

Now that you mention it...around his 4-5 am feeding, I do feel awfully hungry, but I'm also so tired that my focus is putting LO back to sleep and passing out myself before his next feeding.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can go quite a while without eating but I force myself to eat since I'm bf. I agree with pp, though, that my appetite is slowly coming back.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsAB1316:

imageMarisaKathleen:

Now that you mention it...around his 4-5 am feeding, I do feel awfully hungry, but I'm also so tired that my focus is putting LO back to sleep and passing out myself before his next feeding.   

I keep granola bars stashed in the table next to the chair I feed her in.  That way I don't have to go downstairs to get something.  Part of me thinks there's something wrong with all of us--from day 1 we've been getting great sleep.  We've only had 2 days of her going bananas and being up for 3 hour stretches at a time where we don't get much sleep.  Hopefully that'll get better for you!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Well, I'm glad to know it's not just me.  The only time in my life that I've ever had issues with appetite was when I went through depression/anxiety (and, of course, heartbreak when I was younger)  but I don't feel depressed.  Just tired and busy.   I'll have to try stashing snacks and drinks in a cooler by the couch. 
  • Options
    I do not have an appetite.  Nor am I thirsty.  I have to force myself.  I also don't get much chance to put LO down.  Hoping next few days start to get better.   I know the first couple home are tough. 
  • Options
    imageTheAnne:

I felt really "off" the first week and had no appetite at all.  It was a daily struggle to get anything down and it is finally getting better now.  I lost 30 of the 35lbs i gained during that time though, so I guess there was a bright side.  I was miserable though

Damn...I wish this were the case for me!  I've only lost 25 of the 50lbs I've gained. The rest doesn't seem too keen on coming off anytime soon.  Can't wait to get cleared to work out.  P90X, here I come! 

• Options
    This is totally me. I was concerned it was a sign of post partum depression because I was really struggling last week. Now I think it's just my body adjusting. The downside is I'm breastfeeding so I have to force myself to eat. The upside is quicker weight loss than I anticipated.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"