May 2013 Moms
Options

Is this really happening!?!?

Hello all,

Congrats to all of you since you are this blog we must have all found out fairly recently.  I just found out today when I took two pregnancy tests almost an hour apart and they both confirmed that I am going to have a baby!!!

I am so excited but also really nervous that it's not really happening.  I am not sure how far I am although from what I can tell in my research online I must be around 5 weeks.  I am anxious to call a doctors office tomorrow so that I can get a blood test that confirms I am really pregnant!  I have been drinking tea and water all day trying to stay calm and not get too excited.

I want to tell my family but I don't know if it is too soon.  What are your thoughts?  Should I wait until I get a blood test or do you think I can trust the home pregnancy tests?

Yay!! I am having a baby!!!

Re: Is this really happening!?!?

• Options

You can trust the home pregnancy tests.  Congratulations and welcome!  Exciting.

I assume you already have, but make sure to check up on the type of tea you are drinking.  I couldn't believe how many restrictions there were on teas.

It's up to you about your family, but most people wait to tell others (beyond a few close people) until 12 or 13 weeks.

Congrats!

• Options

Congrats!! You don't usually get a false positive. But some people like to wait to tell people. I think its all up to personal opinion.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on both of the positives!!!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options

Congrats!  Home tests are reliable :0)  As for who to tell and when, I personally don't mind telling certain family members, but not friends until we're past the twelve week mark.  I know this sounds negative, but if something were to go wrong (not that it will), you don't want to have to call a bunch of people and tell them.  Believe me, it makes a bad situation worse. 

Welcome to the board!  H&H9!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!! We've told close family and friends, but won't really spread the word until after the 12 week mark. It's really whatever you're comfortable with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Congrats! Welcome to the board!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations and welcome to the board! It can feel really surreal when you first find out, but I'd say if two tests were postive, you can be almost 100% sure you're pregnant! Regarding the doctor, when I went in to confirm my pregnancy, they didn't draw blood, they just did the same kind of urine test I had done at home. I thought that was a little weird, but apparently it's common.

If you're 5 weeks we probably have due dates around the same time!

Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
    First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
    Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options

Congrats! I think the HPT is probably accurate. When you tell people is completely up to you. I waited until after my first u/s to tell my parents and my inlaws and plan to tell no one else until after the first trimester. Im excited, it's my first, but I am so scared that something will happen and I just dont want the burden of having to share that kind of news with everyone I rushed to tell. It's SUCH a hard secret to keep, but I want to protect myself emotionally and it's easier to keep a secret than to backtrack and wish I hadn't told people so soon.

Congrats again. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy.

DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"