Houston Babies

Going rates for nannies

Afternoon,

I don't usually post on this board, but I am in desperate need of some local information. I'd planned on putting my son in daycare, but he arrived 2 months early. As a result, our pediatrician has recommended that we hire a nanny (so that we can hopefully avoid hospitalization during RSV season). So, all of a sudden, we need a nanny... and I have not done any research. Does anyone know what the going rate is for nannies in the Houston area (and does this include paying for health insurance and any taxes)? We need someone full time... and our son is not technically special needs, but he has reflux... which makes feeding him a lot of work.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate any insight you can give me. 

Re: Going rates for nannies

• We use daycare but I wanted to tell you that you should sign up to care.com we used that to research babysitters and there are alot of nannies on it too, most that I seen were 15-25 an hour but Im sure you can work out something weekly too.

We found a great babysitter on there! You can just contact them through email first and ask all your questions then set up for interviews with the ones you like. You can even get background checks and call references, actually the site will even contact references for you! Good Luck to you!

Oh also my advice is to make sure they have first aid/cpr which they will state on their page.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"