June 2012 Moms

First PP period

Anyone else get their first PP period? And was it super heavy? I was surprised because I thought I read somewhere that you don't get a period while BF? I could be completely delusional but I thought that's why I've read.

Re: First PP period

• imageStarbear06:
    Anyone else get their first PP period? And was it super heavy? I was surprised because I thought I read somewhere that you don't get a period while BF? I could be completely delusional but I thought that's why I've read.

I haven't had a PP period yet...I've had spotting once but it was just one bathroom incident and nothing since.

Also bfing doesn't mean you won't get a period. It "can" keep your period away but it's no guarantee. Doctors even say not to use it as a form of BC. Lots of mom's get their period why bfing....I have read on the bfing board that supply can go down while on your period then go back to normal the rest of the cycle. You can even get pregnant and still bf.
  • Everyone is different.
    My PP period with my first came right away and was heavy. Still waiting with DD2.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got my first period at 11 weeks pp I believe... It was horribly heavy. Mine are usually pretty bad though. You can get a period while breastfeeding. It usually is just really sporadic! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Still waiting for mine.. I've been bloated for over a week now and had some cramps last week, but still nothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still no period. I EBF.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"