Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Car Seat Question

Hey all,

I was wondering how many of you are in a convertible seat as opposed to an infant seat.  I feel like we're squishing DS into his infant seat, but I'm reluctant to switch - mainly because I don't know if convertibles are as safe as the infant seats.  (Obvi still RF.)   I feel particularly lost on this issue...

Thanks! 

DS: June 2012
MC: July 2015 8w5d

Re: Car Seat Question

• I'm not sure about safety, but we switched my son over at about 6 months because he was so heavy that I never took his car seat out of the car anyway and he seemed squished in the infant seat.  We'll probably switch our daughter over at about the same age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We switched a little over a month ago.  She still has plenty of room in her infant seat, but she hated her seat so we made the switch to our Boulevard and she is so much happier.  My H rarely drives her so we keep the infant seat in his car and she will use it there until she outgrows it. 

If you don't want to do a convertable yet you can just leave the infant seat in the car and take your LO out when you go somewhere.  That's what we did for awhile.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We switched this week at 4 months old because he is too tall for it. I find it so much easier because he's too heavy to carry in the convertible anyway. As for safety, if it has been rated for the age weight and height your LO is at, I personally think that is enough for me.
  • Convertible seats are just as safe as infant seats. My daughter has been in hers since day one. I hate infant seats. haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"