Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

5 month old and solids

Hi girls,
My 5 month old started on cereal quite a while ago, and we've been trying a few different veggies for the last few weeks.  He's an 18lbs-er so he's a big boy, and I'm wondering if he's getting enough to eat.  Sometime I feel he stuffed, and sometimes starved.  He gets 5, 8oz bottles every day/night, every 4 hours (sleeps 7pm to 5am or 6 to eat, then back to sleep til around 7:30am or 8).  He "usually" gets 1Tbls of cereal in the morning (sometimes he doesn't just because the timing doesn't work out or whatever), a Tbls or 2 of veggies in the afternoon, and 2Tbls of cereal at 6 before bed. I'm slowly adding different veggies and fruit, so he doesn't have a lot of options to eat at this point (we haven't done fruit, so I can't add it to the cereal yet).  I'm just wondering if he's getting enough, or too much?  Is there a reference somewhere that you know about to follow?  Thanks for your help ladies!

Re: 5 month old and solids

• Options

Sounds about right to me. My pedi gave me a guide to how much food they get at certain ages. you can ask for that at your 6 months appt. Mine says...

At 4-6 months... milk: 4-6 times a day of 6-8 ounces. grain/cereal: 2 times a day of 1-2 tablespoons

At 6-8 months... milk: 3-5 times a day of 6-8 ounces grain/cereal: 2 times of 2-4 ounces fruit: 2 times of 2-3 tbsp. veggies: 2 times of 2-3 tbsp

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"