Attachment Parenting

AP and pumping...help needed

I recently received some devastating news that may mean the end of BFing LO (although I still have hope!) in the mean time, I'm trying to pump as much as possible so LO gets my breast milk as long as possible if it comes down to that.  The problem is that I'm only managing to be able to pump once or twice daily, and I'd like to be doing it much more often.  Taking care of LO is so time consuming, I  can't seem to figure it out!  He's only six weeks old...

Any suggestions? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: AP and pumping...help needed

• I'm sorry you are facing this situation. Can you wake up before LO? Not sure if your LO has set any sort of sleep schedule on their own yet, But you could pump off a bunch but not all of your milk like an hour before LO gets up. What about buying an extra set of pump parts so you don't have to wash them every time?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In addition to pumping as often as you can (I was never a big pumper, so I'm sorry I can't offer much advice in that areana-can you check the BFing board?), I'd strongly suggest looking into donor milk. One group that is mother to mother is Human Milk 4 Human Babies. They are on Facebook.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageKelliLynee:
    I'm sorry you are facing this situation. Can you wake up before LO? Not sure if your LO has set any sort of sleep schedule on their own yet, But you could pump off a bunch but not all of your milk like an hour before LO gets up. What about buying an extra set of pump parts so you don't have to wash them every time?

Extra pump parts? Great idea! Thanks!
  • imagepepomntpat:
    In addition to pumping as often as you can I was never a big pumper, so I'm sorry I can't offer much advice in that areanacan you check the BFing board?, I'd strongly suggest looking into donor milk. One group that is mother to mother is Human Milk 4 Human Babies. They are on Facebook.

Thanks! I've actually had someone volunteer to give me pumped milk if I need it and my Doula knows several moms who donate as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"