Late Term and Child Loss
Options

A Question about 10/15...

First, I want to say I am so sorry for everyones loss. This is a board no mother should have to belong to. Secondly, while I am not a member of this board, I have been here reading very regularly for the last few months. My very best friend gave birth to a sleeping baby in April. Her loss has literally shook me to the core, both as her best friend and as a mother. I have lurked on this board and took in everything suggested in the "FAQ" post, which I really appreciate you ladies doing, but I have a question that I hope you don't mind me asking... Every month we have a "girls" dinner with about 6 people. This month our dinner is on 10/15. Now, from reading about infant loss, I realize what an important day it is -- but I don't think she does. I tried to get her to join a message board, but she said it still makes her too sad to see other people who had to experience what she has. Anyway, I already have a card for her, and I got her a little Willow Tree statue called Rememberence, that I plan to give her. My question is, would it be weird to give it to her before our dinner (I'll be seeing her this week) or should I give it to her on the actual day (in which case I would wait until dinner is over and we were alone). I just want her to know that I think about her, and her baby, all the time, and I am especially remembering them on that important day. Thank you for taking the time to help a helpless feeling friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"