June 2011 Moms

Weaning ?

We are down to just morning and night.  I think he is slowly dropping night time feedings himself.  Just curious if the morning is the last one to go.

Re: Weaning ?

• I would say, like most things parenting-related, "it depends." For us, the last one to go will probably be the night session because that's the one he's most attached to. I can easily distract him from the morning session. In fact, he rarely asks to nurse first thing in the morning. But it seems like your son is fine without the night session and more attached to the morning. So maybe for him that will be the last to go. 

Either way, I hope it goes smoothly for you. Good luck. 

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • She just self weaned about a week ago. She dropped night first and then morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For us, I think night will be the last to go because she uses it to go to sleep. But, I'm sure it totally depends on the child.

Last week, I weaned DD from daytime feedings cold turkey. She was still wanting to nurse every 2-3 hours around the clock (what we have been doing for 15 months now), and I'm over that. We had a few rough days, but by the end of the week, she didn't ask for it at all during the day. I'm going to hang onto mornings/nights for a week or two and hope she eases out of them herself, but if she doesn't, I'll knock out mornings first and nights last (she still wakes up at least twice a night to nurse).

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It varies per each person, I'd think. For us, before bed was the last one to go. Morning was much easier to drop (again, for us, could be different in your case).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It definitely just depends on what works best for you and your LO. For us, the evening feeding was the last to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • We are in the same situation. I think morning will be the last and most difficult.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are down to first thing in the morning and right when we get home from work/daycare (around 5pm). We dropped the before bed session a few weeks ago. She takes her naps without nursing, so she had a easy time going to bed without it. I think morning will be the last to go for us, too. I pick her up at of the crib and she is literally pointing and grunting towards the boppy pillow. Its the first thing on her mind right when she wakes up!
  • It was nights for us, but it was such a big part of our bedtime routine.  In the end she did great, but I worried about it for a bit ahead of time.  Good luck!
    DD: June 2011    DS: September 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLolo4283:
    We are in the same situation. I think morning will be the last and most difficult.

This is us exactly.
  • when dd1 was weaning, she let go of the spontaneous middle=of-the-day feeds last.  i think she was relying on nursing for comfort more than nutrition at that point.
  • We are down to nursing in the morning some days and other not. I only give it if he asks for it. We dropped night feeding then naps and our down to just some am. I am going back on the pill next week. My dr said I can still nurse but my milk may fish drying up. That's fine with me!

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were down to only nursing in the morning, nap times, bedtime and overnight. I am weaning her cold turkey from all of them. We are on day 4. I tried to do it one at a time but I think it was just confusing to her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekas80:
    We were down to only nursing in the morning, nap times, bedtime and overnight. I am weaning her cold turkey from all of them. We are on day 4. I tried to do it one at a time but I think it was just confusing to her.

brave women! How are your feeling! I can't imagine. I got cloggs all the time so I had to wean at a snails pace. My lo is really laid back though so it worked out.

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in this camp, too. I think that we've separated  nursing from sleep enough at nap time that bedtime is going to go first. This morning he got up and nursed at 4:30 a.m. and then slept in bed with me until 7. There is no way I'm going to hold out at that time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"