Parenting

A Casual Vacancy

J.K. Rowlings adult book, anyone read it?

Re: A Casual Vacancy

• I haven't. For some reason, I'm really hesitant to read it. I LOVE the Harry Potter books, and I'm so nervous this one is going to disappoint, even though it has nothing to do with HP. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

• imageSunDrop11:
    I haven't. For some reason, I'm really hesitant to read it. I LOVE the Harry Potter books, and I'm so nervous this one is going to disappoint, even though it has nothing to do with HP. I don't know. It's hard to explain.
    This is exactly how I feel. I need someone to read it first and tell me its good.

• Loading the player...
  • Even with the mixed reviews, I anticipate it is a well written book.  For some reason though, the plot synopsis just doesn't interest me.  I can't get excited about reading it.  Unless I hear some really great reviews it will probably keep getting bumped down my reading list.  

C is 3 years old

• I'm planning on reading it but will probably also wait until the price goes down. I won't even try to compare it to HP because I know they're totally different. I do think she's a great writer, though, so hopefully it's good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't, I'm skeered to...

One of my patients was reading it the other day, and I asked how it was. She said, "Well... not as good as Harry Potter..." 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I may be posting too late, but.

I like to read the first pages on Amazon to get a

feel for a book. I'm going to do that with this one.

I'm very curious.

• imageBostonKisses2:
    Not yet, but I want to.  The Kindle edition's over $17 though, so I'm kind of waiting to see if it comes down in price a bit before downloading, but I might get it sooner if I decide I can't wait any longer haha.

Jeebus!  I always think $9.99 is steep for an e-book, $17?!  They don't even have to print anything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"