July 2012 Moms
Options

Share your "worst mom ever" moment(s)

Come on, admit it, you've done some things that'd make people cringe! I have two so far, and I'm sure there will be many more to come. Yikes!

1) Put LO down on the couch in the cosleeper and went onto the patio to quickly put laundry in the dryer. I hear him start crying so I hurry and when I get back inside, he has a small couch pillow over his body and just his arms and legs are sticking out, flailing. Freaked me out but at the same time couldn't help but laugh! Worst. Mom. Ever.

2) Went in to work with LO to do a few things. Ended up working while he slept and then fed him. Put him back in the carseat with his blanket and worked a bit more. Went home and when I took the blanket off him, saw that I'd forgotten to buckle him back in! Luckily work is only 3 miles away. Oy...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Share your "worst mom ever" moment(s)

• Options

I leave Lilah in her boppy unattended and somertimes its on the couch. Its never for too long but still a no no.

i let her was Saw the other day figuring she didnt know what she was watchig just liked all the red. it let me bump in peace....

• Options
    Last night we were leaving an engagement party. Baby girl started crying and I just thought well we are only a half a mile from home. So she SCREAMED AND SCREAMED. I thought something was stabbing her. Anyways I got home and went to get her out and her headband thing had slipped down and was blindfolding her. She was throwing her head from left to right just screaming. I felt TERRIBLE!!!!

Edit: if I really thought she was being stabbed I would have pulled over. I'm just saying she sounded like she was in pain
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When my oldest was a newborn the very first time I took him out alone by myself, I had mommy brain and I didn't strap his carseat in. It must have took me a hour to get ready to leave carefully packing his diaper bag, getting him in the carseat yadda yadda. I get to the stop sign at the end of my road and hit the brakes and his carseat his the back of my seat. All I hear is a big thump! I run to the backseat and his carseat is upside down rested against the back of my seat. He never cried, stayed asleep the entire time.

I was mortified!!!!! I cried all the way to my mil's house which was where I was headed lol! 

• Options
    oh the other night at like 10, she was sound asleep, hubby and i were hungry so we bundld her up and went to texas roadhouse. she wasnt too impressed with how loud it was.

• Options
    imageKarmB:

I leave Lilah in her boppy unattended and somertimes its on the couch. Its never for too long but still a no no.

i let her was Saw the other day figuring she didnt know what she was watchig just liked all the red. it let me bump in peace....

HAHA...I was watching the season sneak peek/trailer of Dexter a couple of nights ago on my laptop, and Ben wouldn't take his eyes off the screen. I think he liked the big movements that were going on and all of the colors...unfortunately, it was Dexter STABBING somebody and then shots of blood. At least he has good taste in television shows... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Okay, I'll admit it, I dropped him.

Not from standing or a high distance, but in the middle of the night I was picking him up out of his rnp and he did one of those crazy flail squirms and he dropped about 12 inches. I cried hysterically and he just giggled.

He was totally fine, but momma wasn't. ugh I still feel terrible about it.

• Options
    i have to pee so im leaving her alone on the couch right now. shame shame.

• Options
    imagebreannie:

Okay, I'll admit it, I dropped him.

Not from standing or a high distance, but in the middle of the night I was picking him up out of his rnp and he did one of those crazy flail squirms and he dropped about 12 inches. I cried hysterically and he just giggled.

He was totally fine, but momma wasn't. ugh I still feel terrible about it.

My lo does this all the time, it's like he's trying to escape! Scares the sh!t out of me everytime. 

• Options
    LO and I were working in my classroom last weekend.  I have this like fold out mattress/chair thing the kids can use during reading time.  I unfolded it, put a blanket over it and put LO on it to take a nap (we always do this).  Naturally, I didn't take into account that LO can roll now.  He rolled right off (its like 6 inches high) and smacked his forehead on the floor (which luckily is carpeted and not tooooo hard).  But he had a goose egg and a rug burn.  I called the doctor, she told me to bring him in, I cried the whole way there and then the pedi just laughed at me.  She was like "you know, this is the first of MANY times you'll bring him in and this one isn't anything." Luckily he was perfectly fine but I still feel like an idiot.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Not sure this counts as a "worst mom" moment, but its sure a "stupid mom" moment-early am feeding this morning-didn't screw the nipple ring onto the bottle and dumped it all over LO.  After shrieking his displeasure at me, he gave me a Lilah style stare.  I tried to stare him down but lost. 

OP-I've done #2 as well!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I left LO on his playmat to go rinse some dishes in the kitchen and I hear him start whining. I give it about 30 secs before checking on him and I walk in to see my basenji who escaped from her pen completely smothering him with kisses. French kisses. Haha

• Options
    imageoncoRN:
    imageKarmB:

HAHA...I was watching the season sneak peek/trailer of Dexter a couple of nights ago on my laptop, and Ben wouldn't take his eyes off the screen. I think he liked the big movements that were going on and all of the colors...unfortunately, it was Dexter STABBING somebody and then shots of blood. At least he has good taste in television shows... 

I got the newest season of Dexter on DVD and watched the whole thing in a couple days.  He slept through most of it but I thought what if the subliminal sounds make him a serial killer???? 

TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing ladies! As always, Karm, you crack me up! And reinedecajun, I can't believe the carseat flipped and LO was still asleep! Glad to know I'm not the only one to forget the carseat buckle. And I just know one day I will end up letting him roll off of something cuz I won't be expecting it. Good thing they're fairly durable! ;)
  • Options
    imageoncoRN:
    imageKarmB:

I LOVE Dexter! I hope violent TV doesn't really affect them at this point. If so, I'll just watch it on demand after he falls asleep lol.

Here's my worst mom mement: DS got his shots I swaddled him loosely bc I didn't want to hurt his legs where he got the shots. Well I woke up to a baby with a blanket covering his head. I freaked out, ran and picked him up so fast. He woke up and started crying. I felt horrible, but I'll never do a loose swaddle again.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was eating Italian ice while she nursed and somehow managed to drop the metal spoon on her face. She screamed and had a little welt from it, but went back to nursing. I've also clipped a good bit of skin while doing her nails and bumped her head on the door a lot.

• Options
    imagenicolepatricia87:
    imageoncoRN:
    imageKarmB:

I LOVE Dexter! I hope violent TV doesn't really affect them at this point. If so, I'll just watch it on demand after he falls asleep lol.

Here's my worst mom mement: DS got his shots I swaddled him loosely bc I didn't want to hurt his legs where he got the shots. Well I woke up to a baby with a blanket covering his head. I freaked out, ran and picked him up so fast. He woke up and started crying. I felt horrible, but I'll never do a loose swaddle again.  

I love Dexter, too!  Can't wait to watch the new episode....but in all honesty, I wouldn't watch it with DS in my arms.  I'm still figuring out my stance on the land of TV.... Anyway- bad mom moments:

Nails.  He's bled twice, and I refuse to cut them again.  

Dropped him.  He threw himself over my shoulder onto the couch....wait for it... while I was reading July 2012 posts.   Nice one, ladies.  I blame you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"