Multiples
Options

Diastasis recti

Ladies, I have googled images of twin bellies after birth and found a picture that looks similar to mine. It says major diastasis recti. I go this week for six week check. Anyone have this? What did you do for it? Anything I should ask doctor? Will it go away?? Thanks!

Re: Diastasis recti

• Options
    I have this and have not found any solutions yet. I posted a similar post a few weeks ago and I don't think anyone had any suggestions. My OB said there is surgery that "may or may not" help. I don't want to have surgery. I asked my PcP and she had no suggestions and said to see the OB. I asked a personal trainer through email and said there is only one type of exercise that can help but didn't email any pictures, links or examples of the exercise. I called a physical therapy office the other day and left a message...I'm hoping that they call back this week. My abs are so weak that it is hard to sit up if I'm lying down...it's like I'm still pregnant. I HAVE to get this fixed!!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Options
    I keep up with two twin blogs, and one of them has a very informative post on this condition. She posted it recently:

https://nikinikinine.blogspot.com/2012/09/diastasisphysicaltherapy.html?m=1
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DW had it and she went through a very successful treatment plan with a physical therapist who specializes in it. She lost 4" off her waist and is feeling much stronger after 3 appointments and doing exercises on her own over the course of 8 weeks. 

It frustrates me that her doctor never mentioned it as a possibility when most of his practice is multiples and it is so common with multiples moms. The only reason I had heard of it is b/c someone posted on here about their tummy tuck and mentioned that their plastic surgeon said they had it. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If you are fortunate enough to live near one of these professionals, I recommend seeing them: https://www.maternalfitness.com/licensed-pros.html. If not, they also have an online support program and supplies. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I wore a belly bandit 24/7 for a few months, and then switched to just sleeping in it. I also go to a woman that specializes in postpartum Pilates just once a week with take home advice. This combo seems to work, and now at 10 months postpartum, my diastasis is minimal. Maybe check if postpartum Pilates is a option in your area.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had it from my twin pregnancy. It never healed. I then got pregnant again when the twins were 15 months old. Baby is now 9 months and my abs haven't changed at all. I still have a huge gap. Since I had to have a c-section with my recent baby, the OB offered to stitch the gap closed ONLY if I knew I was done having babies. I wasn't sure, so she wouldn't do it :(  Because of this post, I found a class near me that supposedly helps with the issue. I'll definitely be calling about it. Thanks for posting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"