3rd Trimester
Options

mini vent about guy at starbucks!

so, DH and i are enjoying a nice weekend out. we decided to go to barnes and noble because they have a starbucks in there and i really wanted an iced pumpkin spice latte! i went up to pick up my order and this guy who was sitting near the pick up area just glared at me! i just took a long sip a my drink while i looked back at him, ha! and then i was just like, "mmm, refreshing!" and walked away. 

it just pisses me off when people look at me just because i have a dang coffee or soda in my hands. FWIW, it was decaf, but sometimes i have caffeinated drinks too! sorry, you're not my OB and according to him, i'm allowed to have some caffeine a day, so these people can just kiss my big pregnant butt! people are so judgmental of pregnant women, it's ridiculous. just makes me mad that i can't even enjoy a beverage in public, oi! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: mini vent about guy at starbucks!

• Options
    My MIL does the same thing. She comes over to help me around the house twice a week. She likes to constantly bring up the fact that she never had caffeine with any of her babies. All while I'm enjoying my 1 measly cup of coffee per day. I have to drink a cup of coffee per day. I went from a 2 pot a day drinker to none. I had insane migraines and headache. Doc wants me to drink a little coffee. People can shove it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

People on my facebook friends list started giving me crap one day about caffeine. Then, my aunt chimed in that she had lost her first baby, and had done EVERYTHING 100% by the book perfect, and she sill miscarried. People shut up really quickly after that. 

People are stupid. 

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's weird, isn't it, that somehow a pregnant woman or a mother of young child is like public property? Everyone and their pet rabbit feel free to tell you exactly what you should or shouldn't do, even if they don't have kids. If I approach an adult and tell them something like, Hey, you shouldn't smoke, it's bad for you, or, don't eat this fatty food, or whatever, I'll get blasted in a big way. But a mother is a fair game. It sucks.
  • Options
    Just last week I ordered a salted caramel mocha frappacino, which are my new favorite, by the way... and the cashier reponded with "you meant DECAF, right?" I was like "no mam, I did not mean decaf, I meant regular, thank you!" She was a little embarrassed after she realized it wasn't her business.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Are you sure he cared? Without him saying something you could just be misinterpreting. He could have been unhappy thinking about something and just gazing in your direction.  But I really don't understand why people care so much about caffeine you are allowed to have 200mg. Which is a a venti chai :) and after the first tri (coffee was a turn off for the first four months) I'm sure there were days where I would have more than the 200mg limit.

That being said I was super judgy when I was aat my ex bf's, we were high schoolers and his cousin who was 16 and pregnant sat there chain smoking and drinking 5 beers. Her mom didn't say anything and I was having a panic attack about it and thought she was a horrible human being. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    My MIL does the same thing. She comes over to help me around the house twice a week. She likes to constantly bring up the fact that she never had caffeine with any of her babies. All while I'm enjoying my 1 measly cup of coffee per day. I have to drink a cup of coffee per day. I went from a 2 pot a day drinker to none. I had insane migraines and headache. Doc wants me to drink a little coffee. People can shove it.

While I didn't do two pots a day I was having enough coffee for two cups in the am and sometimes another cup after work prepregnancy. I have terrible migraines that I was on topamax for. Luckily I got off that months before getting KU but if I don't have caffeine I'm not a sane person. Darkness and vomiting are not something I want to go back to, nor is it any better for my child then my one cup of coffee a day.
    People can shove my empty cup up their butt if they have a problem with it.
  • Options
    I'm having just the opposite problem.  I'm trying so hard to do everything perfectly, and honestly hardly did any caffeine before I got pg.  Now people keep pushing things on me, telling me it's okay if I have some, that in moderation it's okay.  No, there is no point in starting an addiction while pregnant and my unborn child does not need three cupcakes.
  • Options
    imagejennygirlmt:

Are you sure he cared? Without him saying something you could just be misinterpreting. 

This is what I was thinking. Maybe he was glaring because he doesn't like pregnant women. ;-) 

• Options
    imagejennygirlmt:

Are you sure he cared? Without him saying something you could just be misinterpreting. He could have been unhappy thinking about something and just gazing in your direction. 

This was my first thought too. I know my DH didn't know that pregnant women were restricted from caffeine before I got pregnant, and he sure as hell doesn't care what pregnant women drink in public now. Men are pretty self-absorbed, he may have been thinking about something that pertained to him and not being judgey.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Given the mood I've been in the past few weeks I prob would hv walked past his table and "accidentally" spilled the caffine filled drink he felt I wasnt supposed to have in the first place. Then I wldve blamed it on him for being a jerk and staring at me so hard that it made me nervous  But then I would be irate that I will no longer be able to enjoy my delish latte, which prob would have made me Hulk out LOL!

• Options

When I was pregnant with DD, I used to stop by this deli on my way to work, and get a fountain coke.  Almost every day, the woman who would get it for me would ask if I was sure I wanted a coke.  I then preceded to order larges from there on.

• Options
    I've been pleasantly surprised with the lack of comments.  If I order anything over 12 oz, I go half-caff.  The most feedback I've gotten with that is broad smiles.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options

I was at a Starbucks down in Minneapolis. Some cranky lady gave me the death stare and asked me if I knew what I was doing to my baby when I had coffee. I said good thing its mine and not yours...and walked off. 

Like many others I used to drink a lot more coffee then anyone should admit to pre-pregnancy. I don't think I would have made it if I couldn't have any caffeine. I also have been working 12 hour shifts plus nursing clinicals so I need at least a little caffeine. No one wants a tired nurse putting in an IV.

• Options
    The judgey-ness doesn't end after baby is born! I worked next door to a starbucks and I often enjoyed my coffee.
  • Options
    I cherish my one cup of full-caff coffee each morning...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

TTC #2 Since October 2013. Annovulatory so not expecting much! Waited to finish breastfeeding before using Clomid again.  August 2014: Clomid round 3 (50 mg) and progesterone (100mg) - BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Um, I think you might be reading into this. Did he say something? Any chance it wasn't about you at all? You're going to have a long couple of years if you go around thinking everyone is judging you all the time.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options

I understand your frustration. 

People need to mind their own business! The other day my DH and I were at Walmart and had taken my 2 year old cousin with us because we were watching her for the day. The looks people were giving us because we're both young, had a 2 year old with us, and I am about to have baby piss-me-off.

They don't know our situation and just assume crap!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"