Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Extra wide pressure mounted baby gates

We have an extra wide space that I need a baby gate for.... it needs to extend to 62 in! I am currently searching online but thought I would see, does anyone have an extra wide (pressure mounted) gate you will rave about??
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Extra wide pressure mounted baby gates

• Does it have to be pressure mounted?  We just got an extra wide freestanding one from Petsmart on sale.  It's working really well for us do far and we had a 68" space to close in..  Who knows how long it'll actually keep LO contained, but I'm hopeful.  On a side note, i am just a tad embarrassed that we are using a pet gate, but it's the same idea and it looks pretty (and keeps the dogs and LO where we want them!) GL :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a pressure mounted Safety 1st gate in a wide opening, but I think ours is only 40ish inches. It works well, but it's cloth which isn't my favorite because the kids push on it and stretch it out, and I'm sure one of these days they'll go right through it. If I had to gate a wide opening again, I would get the kind you can open the gate and walk through and buy the extension kits to make it long enough.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a Dream baby metal pressure mounted gate- it is expandable with certain pieces.   Right now the widest one I have is 56 inches with extensions ( I have 4 of this brand in my home).  But I think you can get it to go to 60 + inches with the right combo of extensions.

Here it is on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Dreambaby-Pressure-Mount-Hallway-Extensions/dp/B000F1MUKM/ref=sr_1_8?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348978931&sr=1-8&keywords=pressure+mounted+extra+wide+baby+gate

• We got the Summer brand extra wide gates from Buy Buy Baby. I think they were $59. We really love them!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have Ikea pressure mounted gates that I really like. I know they have an extender piece, but I am not sure if it will be as wide as you need it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"