1st Trimester
Options

Those that plan on nursing

2»

Re: Those that plan on nursing

• Options

I EBF my twins until they were almost 2 years old. Had we only left the house when I had pumped milk/they were both fed, I would have been housebound for most of those 2 years. Quite frankly, I found a nursing cover (I had several) just advertised what I was doing. Instead, I'd layer a shirt on top of a nursing tank, and nurse on demand. The tank covered my tummy, the shirt my upper chest. Baby would nurse on the only exposed part, and by the time they were 6 weeks old and we were leaving the house with regularity, they were such champs at latching that I didn't need to fuss with it at all.

If it was convenient, I would go to a quiet place to nurse as it was more comfortable for me. But there was no way I was leaving my dinner, or walking clear across a store to feed one of my kids for someone elses' comfort.  In 2 years, I had all of 1 derogatory remark, and many compliments on how I handled nursing and twins. I even nursed during the sermon at Christmas mass when there was no graceful way for me to leave. MIL was there next to me, and she said I had Jules nursing for close to 5 mins before she even realized I wasn't just snuggling her.

TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"