January 2013 Moms
Options

My furbabies are furdevils...(NBR)

Today, our dogs proceeded to break our back gate open, run away without us knowing, get into the creek that runs behind our neighborhood, and get COVERED in mud and who knows what else before we finally found them. Then, when we got them home and into the bathroom to give them a bath, our schnauzer apparently did not want to get in the tub and backed into a corner growling and snapping so that we couldn't pick him up. Finally, we got them cleaned and (mostly) dry and now FI is in the bathroom trying to plunge the nastiness out of the bathtub drain and our beagle is hiding under the dining room table letting out nasty scared-dog farts every few minutes which, combined with the wet dog smell, is stinking up the entire first floor of our house. UGH. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My furbabies are furdevils...(NBR)

• Options
    sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at this.  I totally picture this happening in my house.  We have 2 dogs also and they're just like having a couple of kids!  Gotta love them though! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh geez! I would have been tempted just to take the hose to them outside!

I have to say things like this is one reason I'm sooo happy we are pet-less. I'm a big animal lover and so is DH but we just aren't home enough. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehorae4me:
    sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at this.  I totally picture this happening in my house.  We have 2 dogs also and they're just like having a couple of kids!  Gotta love them though! 

Similar reaction! I have one dog but she would wreak massive havoc if she had free roam for even a minute & she hates water... unless it's muddy.

• Options
    imagethis decaf life:

imagehorae4me:

Similar reaction! I have one dog but she would wreak massive havoc if she had free roam for even a minute & she hates water... unless it's muddy.

Same here. I know its really not funny at all, but I couldn't help but laugh because I can absolutely see my pup doing the same thing. She is not one to be trusted alone outside. Loves dirt, mud, and digging.
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, our two dogs thought it was a great idea to pick a fight with a skunk recently.  Of course the the skunk won. Let me tell you, having  super smelling powers and then smelling skunk..... way worse than normal. If my stomache was ANY weaker I would have vomited.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagethis decaf life:

imagehorae4me:

After all was said and done, I could definitely look back and laugh at it. My dogs are just like teenage boys, they looooove to get dirty lol. And they both hate water, too...unless it's muddy, just like yours haha! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no - I'm SO sorry!!  We've had the similar incidents with our two dogs, who were escape artists in their younger years.  One day, we got a call from a good samaritan who informed us that traffic was backed up for a mile on a two-lane road because the dogs were playing keep-a-way in the middle of the road and no one could catch them.  Really embarrassing!
  • Options
    Ugh, I totally feel you.  I have a love/hate relationship with my dogs.
    My dogs are yappy and I'm trying to train them better to at least pipe down on the barking if not stop completely before the baby comes so they don't wake him up.  We got one of those sonic things that makes the high pitched dog whistle noise when they bark to stop them.  For the most part it's worked on my little dog, but not on my poodle.  He went to the back door to bark at someone coming into the building stairwell and  the thing went off.  He stopped barking, turned around and stared right at me sitting on the couch, and barked again like "ha ha, it's not working on me".  Little b*stard.  Yesterday my little dog also ate the crotch out of my only pair of maternity jeans that didn't sag in the bum.  I wanted to pitch her out the window!  But then of course she comes up and sits with me and puts her head down and cuddles.  Eff!!  They chew everything I own, and even though they are both housetrained the little one will pee on the floor sometimes for good measure.  They bark like crazy at the slightest puff of air.  Sigh.  I have lots of work to do before baby comes.
  • Options
    Sounds like a prime submission for dog-shaming.com. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    I have to tell you that this made me laugh to tears. "scared dog farts" hahahaha!! I'm sorry that you have a smelly mess, but I really like the way you illustrated the story. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"