1st Trimester
Options

Any tips to fight off fatigue?

I am a first time mom and only 6 weeks along. I am really struggling with fatigue (luckily my only major symptom so far). It's been really hard because I am in my second year of law school and by far the most intense semester.

Does anyone have some advice on how to stay focused and keep my energy up?I'm getting plenty of sleep, but I'm in school for about 25 hours a week and doing roughly 35-40 hours a week of homework and reading.  I feel like I am slowly losing my mind!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any tips to fight off fatigue?

• Options
    I had terrible fatigue from weeks 4 to about 8. Finally around 11 weeks, I felt like I got my energy back! Try to fit in naps, go to bed earlier. I found that when I ate healthier, I felt like I had more energy. The days where I was so busy and ate junk on the go or packed unhealthy snacks made me feel worse! Eat lots of fruit and snack frequently. Also, I think the best thing is exercise. Nothing intense, just a short 20 min walk would make me feel more energetic. Good luck! I'm finishing up nursing school, so I know what the long class days and even longer studying days are like! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  Squeeze in naps, even if they're only 15 minutes.  Eat good food, often.  Exercise.  I am 6 weeks too and exhausted!  These tactics seems to help a little.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageChristyPooP:

I wish I knew! I was in school still when I had DD and I didn't fight it, I just slept. This time around, I can't let myself sleep all the time because I'm chasing DD! I think my best advice is to give in now and then, just set an alarm. Go ahead and let yourself take an hour catnap and then get up and work some more until the fatigue hits again.

Best of luck to you and I'm sorry that I'm no help!

Exactly this. I was in my first year of my MEd and taking night and weekend classes while working full time as a teacher. I was EXHAUSTED! But a 30-45 power nap helps tremendously. I would take them in the car at my University before class. Then, by the time I got to class the walk had waken me up. Hope it gets better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Exercise!  When I was working (pg with DD), I would hide in the bathroom and get a little snooze in!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Like others have said, NAPS. I have found that when I nap, if even for a short bit in the afternoon, I can stay up later at night. If I don't...I'm usually falling asleep by 7 pm. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"