Breastfeeding
Options

Nursing Strike?

My DD is 9 months and has been battling a cold for about a week. Took her to the doctor Wednesday and she didn't have anything they could treat other than the typical humidifier, Tylenol for discomfort, etc. Throughout the last week she has been stuffy but nursing fine however today she's refused two feedings. The first I thought was a fluke but the second time I offered her a bottle (she is bottle feed while I'm at work) and she sucked it right now. Totally broke my heart though Sad

Does anyone have an experiences with nursing strikes? I know they can vary but just wondering how long they lasted for you and if you did anything special that helped get LO back on the breast. TIA.

ETA: Apparently I can't spell today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursing Strike?

• Options
    DS has a cold and refused to nurse yesterday. He would scream bloody murder if I even attempted to feed him. He went 6 hours! I finally gave him a bottle and he sucked it down too. It broke my heart!!

Today he has been eating non stop! He will eat and then be hungry an hour later. I didn't do anything special. I think he just had an off day because he wasn't feeling well. I would keep offering and hope she starts to feel better soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"