December 2012 Moms
Options

Haven't seen this in years...

We were leaving DD's gym class and there were a bunch of cars stopped at a light.  I look into one of the car windows and there is a little boy, maybe 3, just sitting in his mom's lap in the back seat!  It was really hard to believe in this day and age! So sad with all the information out there some people still think they know better!

Re: Haven't seen this in years...

• Options
    At least that kid was being held down in some way (not that it really makes it any safer).  I was on vacation a few months ago down in DC and saw two kids, about 2-3, completely unrestrained and climbing all around in the car with the windows open.  I just kept thinking, if that car crashes, those kids are going flying out the windows.  It really is sad when people just don't seem to care about the safety of their children. 
  • Options
    It drives me nuts to see kids unbuckled in the car. We travel a lot by car (26hrs one way 2 times a year) and I can't tell you how many times I see kids standing on the back seat looking out the back window going down the HIGHWAY! Ughh.....

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You guys would probably puke at what I see. I was, for the past few years, 1 in my district for child restraint tickets.
    I see infants forward facing, 6 months old in highback boosters, kids just standing up in the backseat waving at me, 2 years olds in the front seat with no carseat.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagevelazquezk1:
    You guys would probably puke at what I see. I was, for the past few years, 1 in my district for child restraint tickets. I see infants forward facing, 6 months old in highback boosters, kids just standing up in the backseat waving at me, 2 years olds in the front seat with no carseat.

It must just be a regional thing, because honestly our jaws hit the floor.  The last time I saw that was at least ten years ago! 

• Options

I see that from time to time and I live in the country pretty much - but it's still no excuse.  All it takes is quick stop and the kids to smack their face on something or another driver not paying attention and hits the car and the kids go flying.  I hate knowing things like that happen and they're totally preventable... def. not worth the risk.  SMH...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 309743_818072865207_1670401803_n_zps166de68c.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo f6e78c88-fe80-4f45-8f2e-fdb2836fbd49_zpsf4001aa0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"