1st Trimester
Options

My principal told I am pregnant!!!

I told my principal last week that I am pregnant. For most people it's too early to tell. But after two MC, I feel better with my principal knowing so that I don't have to tell a whole story if anything bad happened. Also, if anyone did find out at school that I am pregnant, I wanted her to know from me before anyone else told her. I feel that's more professional and it's something I've done with my two other principals when I had my other girls. It was never an issue!

So, in Walmart today, a girl who used to sub in our building last year came up to me and said "Congratulations, I heard you're pregnant!"

I asked her who she heard it from and she told me "insert name" my principal!!!!

I am sooooo upset. It would be my own fault if I told my friends and they told friends and people found out that way. But, for a professional to tell someone is just wrong!

It's a good thing I have today and tomorrow to dwell and plan what I am going to say to her... she's lucky I don't file a grievance. (I probably wouldn't have the guts to do that..."  

Edited to include: My principal is a woman!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My principal told I am pregnant!!!

• Options
    I don't think men get the whole thing about waiting to tell people, maybe thats what it is? Did you tell him why you told him and to not mention it to anyone? 
    condolences Pictures, Images and Photos Oh ya know, just living the dream of a cheating husband,divorce and becoming a single mom, heres my blog: Blog
  • Options
    wow not cool! Did you ask her not to share?
    BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is SO unprofessional. I would be very angry if my principal did that.
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's against the law...since you're not going to sue call her up and ask her not to share with anybody else because you would like the opportunity to share your news.
  • Options

I'm a teacher as well and I haven't told anyone at work. I'm so sorry she spilled the beans and it was definitely unprofessional. It sounds like you two are fairly close though so I bet she was just excited for you!

Hope it all ends up alright!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That is definitely unprofessional on her part, but maybe she told the sub as a heads up to be ready in case you call in for morning sickness or doctor appointment. At least I hope that's the reason. I would definitely talk to her and ask her to refrain from sharing the news until you give the ok. 

I'm telling my boss, but specifically asking him to hold the info for a little bit before he goes babbling off to everyone. Cause he's definitely a babbler with no sense of boundaries. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not telling my boss for awhile because I have figured out in the short time working for her that she is a huge gossip!  She told me some gossip that I had already heard from the source - so it wasn't a huge deal to me, but taught me an important lesson.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, I asked her not to share.
  • Options

We have a very good relationship. But, I wouldn't call it a friendship. This is really the first confidential thing I've told her. 

I am actually more upset that I can't trust her now for future things...

I doubt the sub she told will be in for me while out on leave. She's not a sub in the district anymore.

It just stinks. I am definitely going to say something to her on Monday. I just hope I have the hormonal nerve to stay calm!

• Options
    I would be furious. It is not her place to tell. I can't WAIT to tell everyone at work, and if she did that then she clearly doesn't recognize boundaries and I wouldn't trust her. I just told my principal Friday and I told her not to say ANYTHING bc it's still too early. I'm sorry that she did that to you.
  • Options

That's a grievable offense in my district but that doesn't mean I would (but that's just me of course). However, I WOULD allow my hormonal state to take hold in her office. ; )

I agree with your comment though...that you now can't trust her for future stuff. Sad when that happens right? Administrators drive me nuts at times. We 'should' be on the same team! So sorry that she blew it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageBliss+Berry:

imagemrsjollybrown:
    That's against the law...since you're not going to sue call her up and ask her not to share with anybody else because you would like the opportunity to share your news.

What law would that be?  What could she possibly sue for?  I just don't get that mentality.

OP, did you ask her not to say anything?  Maybe she didn't realize it was supposed to be a secret.   

HIPAA.  https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/

This law states its against the law for healthcare information to be shared. It's mostly for healthcare providers but from my understanding when sharing health information with your boss it's protected health information as well.

Land suing wouldn't change anything b/c the words can't be taken back. It would be for the hell of it and she would get a small settlement if that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"