June 2012 Moms
Options

Birthday ideas for DH...Suggestions?

I know Saturdays are pretty slow here on the old bump.  However, hopefully someone out there is reading this:)

DH turns 30 in November. When I turned 30 last year (yes-I'm robbing the cradle,lol)  he surprised me with a trip to San Francisco and Napa.  It was awesome but we were in a completely different place last year.  I was miserable ttc for a year and that trip was something we both needed at the time.

Now we have a lil baby and I'm taking unpaid leave time so we can't do anything extreme or expensive but I would love to do something special for him.  He is a super low-key guy and would probably not want a surprise party of any kind. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone done anything special for their so's? TIA:) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Birthday ideas for DH...Suggestions?

• Options
    I recently made my DH a book from my 2 year old on Snapfish.com and he really liked it.
  • Options

would LO be celebrating with you or do you have arrangements for LO to be taken care of while you celebrate?

My DH's birthday was earlier this month and because we had no one to watch our LO, I had to do something that included LO. My DH had to work on that day, so when he got off of work, I had decorated the house and bought his favorite meal. He's from New England so loves fresh seafood, in this case lobsters and all the stuff that goes with it. When DH walked in the house, I had party hats on LO, the dog and myself, and of course no one else was able to yell, "surprise" but me. He loved it!

DH does not like surprises either with other people, so it was perfect. Anyway, maybe you can prepare a nice dinner or something. I would have loved to have gone on a trip somewhere but we didn't have time off. Hope this helps and Happy 30th to your DH!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you ladies! I love both ideas! 

As far as having a sitter- dd still is refusing a bottle so I'm somewhat nervous about leaving her so she will be included in the festivities:) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with PP especially if your DH is a low key person and doesn't like all the hoopla. And since your DD will be part of the celebration I would consider something at home or local where it wouldn't be so stressful. My DH is a low key person too but I know he would love a home cooked meal with some close friends and family at home.
  • Options
    Give him a break from parenting for the day. You do all the diaper changes, bath, feeding, etc. Set up tee time for him and a few of his buddies or whatever he likes to do with his friends, go for a hike and lunch at a small cafe or picnic, make him his favorite dinner and don't forget dessert! I've heard those whip cream bikinis go over well... Lol. Just have a day of fun!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love drbeth's idea of decorating the house and wearing hats.  I am pretty obsessed with balloons (don't they just make everything happier?) and home made signs or banners are so adorable.

Another thrifty but fun idea might be a scavenger hunt around town.  You could have clues leading to your mutually favorite spots (stopping for coffee, ice cream, beer, etc) along the way.  Just make sure the places are mostly friendly for DD, or you could make it short enough to last under 2 hours so you could be back in time for a feeding (or make a stop home in the middle?)  You could have a little gift for him at the end. A little cheesy but fun and kid friendly!

Or game night with a few friends? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love all of these ideas!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"